papa 695s 1/72 C130 Hercules

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Did your wing need strengthening at all Ian? I've heard of rods (spars) being put through to support both wings.
To be honest Joe no I didn't they were a very nice tight fit

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Camouflage is looking great Ian. I've always wondered why this RAF scheme had the white area on top.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats looking fab Ian ,lovely paint job . The classic sixties sand /dark earth really suits the Hercules although like Joe I dont know why the cabin roof was painted white , maybe to keep it a bit cooler in hot climates? on a different note , I see from the pics you finally got your hands on a 1/32 Lightning , nice one! cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yes, that is the apparent reason for the white patch from reading online.

I read that it was applied to older unpressurised RAF transports before the C-130, but was also carried over to Andovers, Argosies and Twin Pioneers. In the mid-1970s the white patch was camouflaged over as the C-130 was fully pressurised and it served no real purpose. It was at that time that the white was taken out of the roundels on the Hercules and the paint was refinished in matt camouflage schemes.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thats looking fab Ian ,lovely paint job . The classic sixties sand /dark earth really suits the Hercules although like Joe I dont know why the cabin roof was painted white , maybe to keep it a bit cooler in hot climates? on a different note , I see from the pics you finally got your hands on a 1/32 Lightning , nice one! cheers tony
Yes Tony got it from the local tags model shop £70 the most I've spent on a kit to date

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Classic scheme is looking mighty fine Ian! Glad to see im not on my own with the overrun on the four engined GB !!! cheers tony ( i will finish the b58 i promise!)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is looking real good Ian,sorry i have missed most of the build,

very nice work, ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Classic scheme is looking mighty fine Ian! Glad to see im not on my own with the overrun on the four engined GB !!! cheers tony ( i will finish the b58 i promise!)
It is taking a while isn't it Tony but just like you I WILL finish this one day

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I seem to have lost the ramp and back door for this, I put them in a safe place but can't find them now. Looks like I need to turn my modelling room inside out to try and find them.