papa 695s 1/72 FV 622 Stalwart

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You are a definite candidate for the clean bench club. Ah, I see you are using paper towel to soak up the spilled glue & paint instead of the instructions. Excellent idea. I'm from the colonies so have no idea what a Stolly is or what it was used for. Thought that was Vodka. A hint maybe? Looks post war ATCV w/a version of NATO camo? Sorry Dzohn, the devil made me do it, or was it Steve? PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
The Stalwart was a fully amphibious High mobility load carrier that was also fitted with a HIAB Crane for use by the artillery and REME. It was a great vehicle I had a chance to drive one on a couple of occasions.

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I hang my head in shame! What a wonderfully organised bench. A great idea for the instructions. Nice to see the progress on the build:thumb2:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You know Ian, I never really look into 1/72 or smaller scale builds but I do love the Stalwart.
Great work so far, am watching this one :thumb2:

Cheers, Jim.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
Seems to be going together without too many issues. The pilot makes a good driver.
Jim

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks guy's I don't think you'll see much of the cab or driver, when the side walls and roof goes on.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The cab interior is spot on. It will certainly give the viewer a reason to peer through the windows. Wonderful stuff:cool:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ian,
Looking very good. one thing you may not be aware of is that after a miscellaneous/modification instruction a matching white strip was painted through the center of each wheel hub, this was due to transmission wind up which could be a problem after a long drive if wind up was present the white lines would get out of sink.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian,
Looking very good. one thing you may not be aware of is that after a miscellaneous/modification instruction a matching white strip was painted through the center of each wheel hub, this was due to transmission wind up which could be a problem after a long drive if wind up was present the white lines would get out of sink.
Thanks for the info Paul, I will put them on.