papa 695s Bristol Beaufighter Airfix 1/72

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Well I've got this one ready for the canopy to go on, and get some paint on it.
View attachment 153432 View attachment 153433 View attachment 153434

This is the kit I've got, but I'm building it as a Mk V which as a small bubble canopy behind the main canopy to house the antenna. So since starting this kit I've been on the lookout for one or something like it. I even asked Jambo if he had a spare after building his great version of on. Just think of my suprise when I went to cut the canopy off to mask, and low and behold one was sat there on the sprue, then I took a better look at the other sprues and the antenna are on it also. It just goes to show you should look at the sprues properly when you start a kit

View attachment 153435 View attachment 153436 View attachment 153437 View attachment 153438
That is well handy Ian! Must admit I missed this thread. Its a really great idea for the SIG and the work you have done so far is really nice.

Now watching.

Phil

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
That is well handy Ian! Must admit I missed this thread. Its a really great idea for the SIG and the work you have done so far is really nice.
Now watching.

Phil
Many thanks Phil and glad to have you aboard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking amazing ian , fantastic work , cheers tony

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I only now just looked in Ian...sorry.... but I think you know by now I'm not really a "plane guy" but doing a convincing "wreck" of anything is a very challenging endeavor for sure.

I can see already your attention to detail and authenticity will prove out to become an epic dio imo.....will keep an eye on for sure;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I only now just looked in Ian...sorry.... but I think you know by now I'm not really a "plane guy" but doing a convincing "wreck" of anything is a very challenging endeavor for sure.
I can see already your attention to detail and authenticity will prove out to become an epic dio imo.....will keep an eye on for sure;)
Glad to have you onboard Jim, especially as your not a aircraft builder.

F

Fenlander

Terrific amount of work going into the detailing Ian. This is going to be something quite special.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
They look superb ian, cant wait to see you work some magic, im dying to see the wreck get covered in ,, well whatever you use i cant wait!! Cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I guessed - nice of Airfix, but it doesn't like they need much highlighting.