papa 695s Eduard 1/48 BF 110E

First Name
Dave
The fit of that nose cone is terrible. And this is a relatively modern tooling. Maybe Eduard expect it to be modelled with the nose cone open and the guns on display.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ian,
man that is a bad fit but I guess you will soon beat this into submission, the office looks great.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Brilliant job on the office. Nose cone doesn’t look fit for purpose though...at least the plastic looks thick enough to take the necessary reprofiling....I trick I’ve used in the past is to occasionally re-scribe the detail when it is still visible as it gets sanded off.....if that makes any sense....

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Brilliant job on the office. Nose cone doesn’t look fit for purpose though...at least the plastic looks thick enough to take the necessary reprofiling....I trick I’ve used in the past is to occasionally re-scribe the detail when it is still visible as it gets sanded off.....if that makes any sense....
Makes great sense Tim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good save there Ian.
John

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Ian
Going well, if slowly :thumb2:
I wasn’t wrong about the nacelles then....sorry about that....

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Unusual to have fit issues like this with Eduard kits. Yes i know their Fw190A series has fit issues when the engine components aren't exactly right but i've never heard of kits having problems like you are with this one Ian. Hopefully this is justa duff kit and you've been the unlucky modeller to get it.

Nice to see you working it into submission though Ian

D

Deleted member 4539

Unusual to have fit issues like this with Eduard kits. Yes i know their Fw190A series has fit issues when the engine components aren't exactly right but i've never heard of kits having problems like you are with this one Ian. Hopefully this is justa duff kit and you've been the unlucky modeller to get it.

Nice to see you working it into submission though Ian
I had the exact same problems when I did mine a few weeks ago.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sounds like Eduard's ben a bad boy. No doubt you'll get it sorted Ian
Cheers, Rick H.