papa 695's King George V finished

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I like it , I like it ALOT!!! Ian congrats mate its a fantastic piece. The water effect is just superb , the way you have got the bow crashing into the water , its got a real sense of action , manoeuvring hard in a heavy sea. It really gives a sense of desperate action , as if its turning hard to face the enemy , tell me did this particular boat meet a nasty end? (me not being very ship minded!) A definite 5 star jobby , well done , cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just googled it , i can now just imagine it having a set to with the bismarck! she survived the war intact and gave another 8 years of service in peacetime before being de-commissioned (scrapped!!) cheers tony

C

CDW

well i'm suffering from "dropped jaw" here ..... thats so impressive mate, the other half just managed a "WOW" when i showed her.

am now lost for anything else to say .... errrr ...... 10 stars!!!!

M

mobear

okay now it looks mighty in that water,one hell of a build,5*s for build 5*s for the water effect,i love it mate,quite inspiring

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian That is a prize winner. If you get the chance, bung it in a show I am sure it will do quite well.

A great build and that sea! Its just brilliant!

Five big gold stars for the sea alone and take five more for the build.

Very well done that man!

Ian M

A

AJay

WOW! That sea effect is awesome, Ian. If I had built this little beauty I'd be very proud indeed! :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thank you all for the great comments. Tony yes she did make it through the war and she served in all 4 theatres of the war. Med, Atlantic, Pacific and home waters

A

andygh

Great model build and a superb seascape dio, fantastic, 5* from me also

T

treyzx10r

Ian you really pulled the water effect off and the build looks great!

P

Polux

This is superb mate!!! You nailed the water effect, for me it's more than a 5 stars little dio!!!

Amazing! Congratulations!

Cheers Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
fantastic ship, fantastic sea, fantastic dio, can't think of any more to say.

5 gold stars from me also.

Tony.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Been missing, but just got back, logged on and found this......

Ian, what did I suggest?......Bows dug in and the ship giving it plenty!! Suggesting is one thing, but putting it into practice is quite another, but boy have you done just that!!

Brilliant stuff mate, terrific sea, coupled with a very nice KG5.....Doesn't she look far better doing summat than just 'plonked' in the water?

Top silicone work too. Easy isn't it?!! lol......One great model which you must be well chuffed with....10/10 and 5*.

Cheers,

Ron

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
top class work .. rgds lindsey

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Oh my word, this is beautiful Ian. Top marks mate, the sea looks so inviting with the sun being out today lol. Big five.

Have fun, John

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks again everyone being the first time iv'e done a water effect it as turned out alot better than i thought it would, iam well chuffed with it but think it could also be better.

Ron i would realy like to thank you for the help and advice on this build. Heres to the next one

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looks amazing the waves at the bow I think that's what it's called look so real truly quality build and some quality photos

Geegad