papa 695s Smer 1/48 Airco DH2

A

Armorguy

Cracking stuff you're sharing Ian, I had a lot of catching up to do but it's worth the effort, I love this build !

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Ian,
can I ask what may be a daft question - why don't the wires go inside the little brass tubes? I assumed that was what they were intended for, being tubular

First Name
Steve
Great work Ian coming on a treat, enjoying the build it is superb, but feel sorry for the man with a stick up his jot, lol.

All the best Steve.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian,
can I ask what may be a daft question - why don't the wires go inside the little brass tubes? I assumed that was what they were intended for, being tubular
Simon it's all to do with age, eyesight and fat fingers. :sad:. Also no matter how i put the super glue on either the turn buckle or E Z line if it didn't go into the small hole it stuck to the side.
Like the Teachers told me when I was at school " I must try harder ".

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The rigging must have been a real challenge. I take it the swear box was full by the time you had finished. Looks a great base to set off this wonderful plane. Great stuff all round Ian:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Ian to have missed just about all of this, but had an interesting read. The paint method you used on the wings certainly worked, most impressed with that.
Now I'm one for doing wrecks, but in my case its because I can't manage the kit, you on the other hand produce a fantastic build then crash it . :surprised:
Love it mate , interesting from the start, even for me a none wingy :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John .

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Most interesting turn around Ian, the new setting looks very nice.:hungry:
The damage done to the port wing is great, love the wrinkled effect.:thumb2::smiling: