papa 695s WW1 Dogfight

F

Fenlander

Great work Ian.  You have put more detail into the tiny beauties than I would have done in 1/48!

Cheers Tony.

I'm thinking or doing a 1/24 samba bus ( Revell ) next

Just ordered one to convert into a Devon Caravette that my dad used to borrow off my uncle in the early 1960 in which we used to 'Tour' the North Norfolk Coast three years in the trot.  I did start a conversion some time ago but it got disposed of in the clearances....... Doors have to swap sides and roof and rear side windows have to go.  Needs converting to right hand drive and then fitting out internally as I remember the one I travelled in.  Should be fun  :$  

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Ian.  You have put more detail into the tiny beauties than I would have done in 1/48!

Just ordered one to convert into a Devon Caravette that my dad used to borrow off my uncle in the early 1960 in which we used to 'Tour' the North Norfolk Coast three years in the trot.  I did start a conversion some time ago but it got disposed of in the clearances....... Doors have to swap sides and roof and rear side windows have to go.  Needs converting to right hand drive and then fitting out internally as I remember the one I travelled in.  Should be fun  :$  

Thanks Graham, and I'm now looking forward to seeing your convention on the table.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They're looking superb Ian, great skill shown here. Will you be rigging? :P

I'm going to give it a go Joe, but I've just noticed the wing strut on the right as you look at it of the Pup is not on right, so I'll have to fix that first.

Thanks for the nice comment too.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've finally finished these two. I started to fit the rigging on these but it's very fiddly and I knocked the wings off the Pup and had to refit them. So I gave it up as a bad job. I've now started on the base for this so it shouldn't be long before I get it totally finished.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
They look brilliant ian, shame about the rigging though. What were you using? Maybe the bristles from a fine long paintbrush , like the lining type used for nail art  could be used ?  Looking forward to the base , cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They look brilliant ian, shame about the rigging though. What were you using? Maybe the bristles from a fine long paintbrush , like the lining type used for nail art  could be used ?  Looking forward to the base , cheers tony

I'll give it another go with something different Tony 

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ive used paintbrush bristles before ian and they were fairly easy ( the 1/72 pitts special) although the ones i used for that would maybe look a bit oversized on these tiddlers ! The only other thing i can suggest is human hair , do you know anyone with very straight preferably light coloured hair ? This sticks easily but might be difficult to get the tension . Cheers tony