Papa695s 1/24 ICM Model T Ford 1914 Fire truck

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Its nice to see something a little different now and again and thats a little beauty, super job :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's excellent Ian. An unusual subject very well finished.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Ian, that is a great finish to a cool kit. The brass shine is so good and your wooden ladders are excellent. Might I ask how you achieved the wood grain pattern on them? Oils and acrylics? They do look like real wood Sir...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a cracker Ian. Love the wood effect on the ladders….

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Immaculate build Ian,. And true to the time honored tradition in fire stations everywhere you go....spotless and polished to perfection! :thumb2: ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow Ian, that is a great finish to a cool kit. The brass shine is so good and your wooden ladders are excellent. Might I ask how you achieved the wood grain pattern on them? Oils and acrylics? They do look like real wood Sir...

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen, thanks for the great comment.
The wood effect, what I do is paint the part in wood colour ( I use acrylic ) then put some clear onto protect the paint. Then using a piece of sponge dip it into Mahogany colour ( also acrylic ) then wipe it along the part in one direction. Quickly turning the sponge over, so no paint on then in the same direction gently wipe the mahogany off until you get the desired effect.
I hope that helps.