Papa695s 1/48 Eduard P-39 Q Airacobra.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Only just catching up Ian , been away again :cool: . Thats looking superb , beautiful variation in the paintwork . I see you used the kit vinyl masks , how did you find them ? I ask because the ones I had in the Yak 3 were terrible , I dont know if it was because they were old or what. As I peeled them off the sheet most of the adhesive round the edges stayed on the backing sheet so they would have been a bleeding nightmare to use ( see what I did there? OK ,coat on..)
I ended up going back to the old Tamiya tape and sharp scalpel method , good thing is its not a complicated canopy with lots of frames . Cheers tony
I quite liked them Tony, but the top two just kept folding up at the ends, hence the Tamiya tape in the last photos.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As usual late to the party. Looking good Ian, paint job and decaling coming along well. What I can't stand is the neat worktable. :tears-of-joy:How do you get things done on it? :smiling6: So much luxurious space.
I have only done one Airocobra and should do more as its quite a neat looking plane. I thought the Soviets were given more of the later version King Cobras.

Cheers,
Wabble
Hi Richard, it’s not that tidy really, I just shove everything to the side of the mat when taking photos.
63595535-6AF8-47E8-9A42-C1CB5DD7EE9D.jpeg6F12C219-7A5C-476D-AAE2-31F44DA8D00E.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HiThanks Andy, I used this for the panel lines.
View attachment 495686
Thinned with this
View attachment 495687
Using a very fine brush, then when nearly dry, wiped with a damp cotton pad, in the direction of the air flow. Hope this helps.
Nice , :smiling3: ... Haven't seen these particular purchases... It's certainly something different to me :thumb2:
I'll stick to what I have/know for the meantime, however, I'll still be looking in as ever :astonished:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ian,

That's looking stunning!!!

Thanks for adding this great great build to GB.

ATB.

Andrew