Patricks Eduard 1/48 "Good Evening Da Nang" F4-C

D

dubster72

Here's my entry in Rick's GB. As most probably know, this is originally an Academy kit with added Eduard goodies. Included are resin bang seats, extensive pe, masks & multiple marking options.
EDK1193new.JPG
That's a generic photo as I couldn't be bothered taking photos of all the sprues! Suffice to say it's a lot of kit even at list price... not that I paid that much! ;)

I plan to pose it in-flight as that's how a Phantom should be seen IMHO.

Should be more to see later

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats a lot of bits Patrick! Looks a nice kit and the extras are going to look great too , ill be watching , cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Oh my oh my what a lot of kit for your money ( this will defo be worth watching

D

dubster72

Thats a lot of bits Patrick! Looks a nice kit and the extras are going to look great too , ill be watching , cheers tony

It's a kit I'd wanted for a while Tony, and surprisingly I've had it untouched for nearly 6 months! So far it's going together quite well.
All those bits will keep you busy, look forward to following the build ☺

Cheers Dave

Oh my oh my what a lot of kit for your money ( this will defo be worth watching

Yep, not bad for £35 delivered Robert!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Not a plane guy as you know Patrick, but I'll poke in now and then on this one;)........Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Dave
The one piece fuselage is an improvement on most Phantom kits.I will be interested to see how well the intakes and wing fit to the fuselage on this kit.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Cooool! :cool:
There seems to be a run on F4's on the late, not that I'm complaining .o_O

McDonnald Douglas engineers proved with this kite that a "brick" can fly......... if you give it enough power!:p:D

D

dubster72

The one piece fuselage is an improvement on most Phantom kits.I will be interested to see how well the intakes and wing fit to the fuselage on this kit.

I should have something for you later Dave. The wings are almost done so I can test-fit them to the fuselage.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ditto. I have this kit in the stash as well as the Hasegawa version on the bench so I'm keen to see how they compare.

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
Looking good I'm doing the good morning da nang f4 for the group build or was till I dropped the cockpit and snapped the photo etch control panel waiting for replacement photoetch from eduard

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I have to say ( and I will) you professional modellers make it look so easy ) I was doing my jet last year for a Gb and well I came to an inpass and it ended up being sold as is to a freind to finish off. Your builds look fantastic Dubster and maybe one day I could get to this level. Enough of the praise.

This is looking exceptional and I like the fit with the kit so far.

Keep up the good work

Robert

D

dubster72

Looking good I'm doing the good morning da nang f4 for the group build or was till I dropped the cockpit and snapped the photo etch control panel waiting for replacement photoetch from eduard

That's a nightmare! My superglue isn't so super - I dropped the wizzo's instrument panel & all the PE bits pinged off! :sad: it was fun trying to find them all o_O

D

dubster72

I have to say ( and I will) you professional modellers make it look so easy ) I was doing my jet last year for a Gb and well I came to an inpass and it ended up being sold as is to a freind to finish off. Your builds look fantastic Dubster and maybe one day I could get to this level. Enough of the praise.

This is looking exceptional and I like the fit with the kit so far.

Keep up the good work

Robert

Thanks Robert, although I'd definitely hold off on the professional tag until it's done. There's many a slip twixt cup & lip as my grandad was fond of saying ;)

B

Builder

Very detailed cockpit work, as always your attention to detail Patrick is superb, irrespective of whether its armour or aircraft

D

dubster72

Very detailed cockpit work, as always your attention to detail Patrick is superb, irrespective of whether its armour or aircraft

Thanks Bob, the Eduard pe certainly makes life easier for those of us with older eyes!

D

dubster72

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Got the inner air intakes & burner cans in. The resin parts give much greater detail over the kit parts - shame most of it is hidden down the pipes!
20170203_180014-1.jpg
20170203_180120-1.jpg

Now I remember from Adrian's build of this kit that he had some problems with the fit of the outer intakes. So a big thank you to Ade coz without that heads up I might have come a cropper.

With the fuselage & wings held together with tape & the intake dry-fitted, you can easily see the problem. There's a big gap beneath & a gap between the intake and fuselage....
20170203_180802-1.jpg

I think the lower gap will close with a bit of clamping, but there's no getting around the other one.
I'm wondering if a thin piece of plasticard glued to the inside of the fuselage might help? Then it would look like a panel line?

Any thoughts much appreciated!