Patrick's King Tiger GB suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dubster72

So far all the GBs have been things with wings. Not knocking that, but us armour builders need some heavy metal to get our teeth into ;)

And they don't come much heavier than the King Tiger! Although it had a relatively short career, it's fearsome reputation can't be denied. In Normandy, Allied forces declined to engage them directly, preferring to call upon naval guns, artillery or air support.

We can share information, build & weathering techniques and kit pros & cons.

So, anybody up for this?

I'm ready for the tumbleweed blowing through this post ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A great idea Patrick but If you can hold back awhile, Takom are soon to release THREE new King tigers. With interior and scale thickness armour!

Not really the right colour for me but I could be tempted later

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So far all the GBs have been things with wings. Not knocking that, but us armour builders need some heavy metal to get our teeth into ;)

And they don't come much heavier than the King Tiger! Although it had a relatively short career, it's fearsome reputation can't be denied. In Normandy, Allied forces declined to engage them directly, preferring to call upon naval guns, artillery or air support.

We can share information, build & weathering techniques and kit pros & cons.

So, anybody up for this?

I'm ready for the tumbleweed blowing through this post ;)

Right Patrick seems as I'm a thing with wings builder I'll give you an offer. If you join my English Electric Lightning GB, I as a non armour builder ( ish ) I will build a King Tiger.  9_9

B

Builder

Hey Patrick could we include the Tiger 1 in this too. I know Ian said don't bend your rules to others but I think this is not too far fetched a request?

D

dubster72

A great idea Patrick but If you can hold back awhile, Takom are soon to release THREE new King tigers. With interior and scale thickness armour!

Not really the right colour for me but I could be tempted later

I know all about the Takom ones Ian - I posted a thread about them a while back. I believe Wonderland Models will have them in stock for Christmas.

As for the when, there's no rush. Sometime next year is fine by me.

D

dubster72

Hey Patrick could we include the Tiger 1 in this too. I know Ian said don't bend your rules to others but I think this is not too far fetched a request?

I'm sticking to the King Tiger for this one Bob. You're obviously more than welcome to suggest your own Tiger I GB though.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'll be up for this if I can find one that doesn't need me to take out a second mortgage - there are some very nice kits out there but they are pricey! :/

T

tommy1drop

I'd be up for this one Patrick, and Bob I'd also be up for a Tiger 1 GB also mate ;)  you can never get enough of those big kitties :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'll be up for this if I can find one that doesn't need me to take out a second mortgage - there are some very nice kits out there but they are pricey! :/

I find! I just got the 1/35 Zvezda one (It's a rebox of the old Dragon kit so quality should be OK) for £22.

Count me in when this one starts.

D

dubster72

I
The kit is here Patrick but I can't get it until next week. Is this GB a go'er and when does it start ?
I'm sorry Ian, but by my count we only have 5 takers which isn't enough to get a GB going. As far as I'm aware, we need at least 8.

However I guess there's still time before 2017 to find a few more people.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I

I'm sorry Ian, but by my count we only have 5 takers which isn't enough to get a GB going. As far as I'm aware, we need at least 8.

However I guess there's still time before 2017 to find a few more people.
Well if we don't get enough it will be just you and me mate I've got the kit and will build it

Status
Not open for further replies.