"Pete's Toon Firefly"

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi this is No 9 on Pete's Toon production line, the Sherman Firefly and it's the last one :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:.

The parts.

Change the BMW look alike wheels for real sherman ones, made up new axle bushes, added nuts and bolts and 2x holes to the front face.

The rear ideler wheels are from Jakko, thank you again. made a blank for the back of the wheels.

Modified the drive sprockets to take the real Sherman sprocket.

Made spacers to bring the bogie and ideler wheel in line with front sprocket. added F/R covers

Cut a slot for trans bolts

Thank you for looking in, I hope you like it .
All comments welcome good or bad.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Beefed up the hedgerow cutter, added trans flange bolts.

Made rear stowage box, added rear exhausts and tow hook.

Upper Hull, added over size vents, 2x fuel filler caps,lights and brush guards, logs, filled some of the holes that I'm not going to use.

Added weld beads to side armour plates.

The turret,

Build stage complete .

Thank you for looking in, I hope you like it .
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great additions Pete.
A lot of thought gone into producing this, and it shows. Nice of Jakko to send those parts, top man indeed.
John.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5819

Great additions Pete.
A lot of thought gone into producing this, and it shows. Nice of Jakko to send those parts, top man indeed.
John.
Hi John, I hopefully saved the best for last :smiling4: and yes it very good of Jakko to send me the parts free I should add :thumb2:.
Pete.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
very good of Jakko to send me the parts free I should add :thumb2:.
For €1.40 in postage plus a 1960s postcard (of which he then only shows the back … :smiling3:) and an envelope to send it in, it would be more hassle for Pete to refund me the money than it is for me to just pay it, IMHO.

BTW, are you aware the tracks are on in opposite directions, or is that intentional?

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Jakko, yes I know the tracks it's just a mock-up picture it's now all broken down for paint.
Thanks again Pete.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another terrific build Peter:thumb2:

Because I am stupid Jakko where is the place on the postcard so I can come and annoy visit you??:smiling2:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi as you can see I had finish the build stage, but then I thought I would open up some of the turret hatches which were all glued shut :poop: and this is the outcome.

Primed.

Base coat.

Decals and then sealed.

Thank to everyone who looking in, I hope you like the finished article.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Great work Pete
Much appreciated Ian you can have lie down adark room now I've finished....................................................................or have I :smirk::smirk::smirk:.
Pete :thumb2: