Petlyakov Pe-2, Airfix, 1/72

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
since the Hurricane i was building came to a very sudden halt and i still fancy doing an aircraft i have pulled this from the stash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petlyakov_Pe-2

this was originally new tool back in 1968 and this is an offering post 2010....always like a challenge with an old kit....this is one i remember when i was a kid but never did

2lc5zwm.jpg

4sb9md.jpg

avlp3t.jpg

izs4qr.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I never knew Airfix did a PE 2. Interesting. Good luck Paul.

according to scalemates it was new tool in 1968.....i was 6!, i can certainly remember it from when i was a kid but i always passed up buying it favour of RAF/USAF/Luftwaffe stuff...........the Airfix Mitsubishi Dinah was another i never got and i got one of those in the stash recently.....i have a long term plan to do those i remember from waaaaaaaaay back then....revisiting the childhood and all that :D

D

Deleted member 4539

Have fun Paul and I look forward to seeing more:smiling3:.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
True scale original modelling at its very best. It will be interesting watching this being built.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im having a bit of a mare with this

once i sprayed the green it showed up some dodgy seams but its too late now, want to crack on and get it done

30lgbrd.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Filler, funny you should mention that. My new tool Airfix (2016 or 7) has consumed a bit more filler than I would have expected. This old classic, a bit like me, new tool in 1968, well is bound to need the odd tweak.... But anyway, painted, all is looking nice.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
and finished
not the greatest and again proves to myself that i struggle with planes
fought me to the end......the carpet monster claimed the upper window, had to make one out of something suitable
more pics in the finished thread

erg6d4.jpg