Pfalz E.1 wwI Monoplane

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys and gals,

Well, its been a few days and I thought that my neck was abit better (I now know that it isnt lol), but I decided to try another build.

Todays build is Gavia's 1:48th scale Pfalz E.1 German WWI monoplane.

This is a nice model that includes photo etched parts. The model itself goes together great but the "rigging" is a literal "pain in the neck" lol.

I also decided to give photographing on the ground another try (which was a big mistake due to my neck) so here she sits, in the grass beside my driveway.

I saw this model while at the hobby shop the otherday and just had to have it. There is something about the "vintage" wwI aircraft, especially those with all the rigging which somewhat reminds me of drawings made by Da Vinci at first glance.

Anyway, this thing only took about 2 hours to build, the rigging took another hour and a half, but all in all, it was time well spent.

have a good day and thanks for looking,

Greg aka GW

R

rjwood_uk

wow greg thats really nice!

what a cool looking plane. i know what you mean by the da vinci drawings, i thought the same as well!

nice job. you have done a great job there!

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Very eerie setting too! Looks like black dearth. Fantastic job Greg!

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Richard and Jeff,

I just wanted to say thanks for the comments. I was actually amazed at how well the plane came out considering that again, i was in "speed-build" mode. Only this model took abit longer for me than other models in the past. And it had alot less parts than other models that I have finished in shorter periods of time. Like I said, the rigging was a literal "pain in the neck" lol.

But all in all, I would reccomend this model to anyone who likes wwI aircraft.

I am not sure about anyone elses feelings on "Gavia" models, but i had always considered them abit "sub-par" however, I must admit that having built this model, I have changed my mind.

I started on Gavia's 1:48th scale Bristol Scout Biplane right after I posted this thread and completed all except the rigging. I figured rigging one aircraft a day was enough lol. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow (Thurs.) so I doubt that I will work on it then, but I hope to finish it in the next day or two and get it posted here also. Its been awhile since I did a modelling marathon (2 or more kits in 1 day) and i didnt quite finish this "marathon" but it was good exercise (ok, it made my neck hurt, but it was fun).

Anyway, thanks again and have a good day,

Greg