Photo booth

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hello all hope this is in the right place.
I picked this up on ebay the other day for the princely sum of £8.50 with free postage. It comes flat packed and is held in shape with magnets then folds away when not in use. it has built in LED's. powered with a USB connection and a choice of white and black liner It is a little small but ideal for smaller kits or especially figures. I am not as you know a photographer by any stretch of the imagination but I can see a great improvement in the picture quality.
I have attached a couple of pics one of the item itself and the other two showing a with and without shot.DSCF1452.JPGDSCF1453.JPGDSCF1449.JPG

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sounds great scottie , cheap too . Can you upload the pics again though , the links not working, cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sounds great scottie , cheap too . Can you upload the pics again though , the links not working, cheers tony
Hi Tony,
I have redone it but I am struggling, How do I just post thumbnails every time I try I get both thumbnails and full pictures

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice bit of kit Paul.
When you add a file, after it loads you will see a blue oblong. It will say Thumbnail of the left and Full image on the right . press which one you want to post .
John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
As john says just add the pics by clicking ‘attach files’ then when theyve loaded either leave them as thumbnail , which can be clicked on to enlarge by the viewer or post them as full image , I personally always click load all as full image, cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice bit of kit Paul.
When you add a file, after it loads you will see a blue oblong. It will say Thumbnail of the left and Full image on the right . press which one you want to post .
John
Thats what I thought but I get both. It must be me I will try again next time.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Scottie,
I keep meaning to invest in a photo booth thingy myself. Immeasurably better pictures instantly mate!
If you remember, I moaned at you a few times for your pictures being too dark and not showing your lovely work properly....told ya so lol

Si

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Scottie
Nice light tent...does it come with the light, or is only the tent itself?
Cheers
Tim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks worth a punt. Do you have a link to the ebay seller?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie,
I keep meaning to invest in a photo booth thingy myself. Immeasurably better pictures instantly mate!
If you remember, I moaned at you a few times for your pictures being too dark and not showing your lovely work properly....told ya so lol

Si
you did mate you did lol

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul, only thing for me would be powering it. No pc in the cave so have a cunning plan .
Have some l.e.d strips from some kitchen lights with a power supply. Just need some bright white gloss card. !
John .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Paul, only thing for me would be powering it. No pc in the cave so have a cunning plan .
Use a USB charger for a phone, tablet, or similar device.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Use a USB charger for a phone, tablet, or similar device.
Jakko .
Got it thanks mate :thumb2::thumb2: all my chargers have that mini plug , will that work ? Might sound a stupid question, sorry .
John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Nice buy and it will make a huge difference to your photos. I think it is the all round light it gives that makes so much difference. I have a simple photo booth and that works well.
P1050070.JPG
Jim

First Name
Marcello
nice difference Scottie (Paul, now I am confused...). If I may suggest, before shooting, do a white balance to your camere, the final quality will be further improved.:thumb2::thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Got it thanks mate :thumb2::thumb2: all my chargers have that mini plug , will that work ? Might sound a stupid question, sorry .
The charger doesn’t have a USB socket on it like in the photo below, with a separate cord that goes to the phone but can be unplugged from the charger?

51tb9gH0HeL._SX385_.jpg

Because that’s the kind of charger I meant: with a USB socket, so that you can take the phone cable out of it and plug the photo studio lights cable into it. All USB sockets provide 5 volts, so for a device that only needs power (whether a lamp or a phone that wants charging), it doesn’t matter if you plug it into a computer or a charger.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The charger doesn’t have a USB socket on it like in the photo below, with a separate cord that goes to the phone but can be unplugged from the charger?

51tb9gH0HeL._SX385_.jpg

Because that’s the kind of charger I meant: with a USB socket, so that you can take the phone cable out of it and plug the photo studio lights cable into it. All USB sockets provide 5 volts, so for a device that only needs power (whether a lamp or a phone that wants charging), it doesn’t matter if you plug it into a computer or a charger.
Thanks Jakko.
Understood thank you :thumb2:
John .