Pink Panther's suggestion SIG 2013.

C

CDW

As this is your SIG build Polux i'll leave it to you to answer this question :smiling3:

Does the Hummer have to be military or are we able to build it as a civilian vehicle?

P

Plastickitbasher

My Hummer is in the post.

By my maths we've now got nine signed up just need one more...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
O.K., you've got me Polux......

The Magnificent 10 riding off into the sunset!!!!

Over to you amigo!

Cheers,

Ron

P

Polux

Ok!!!

That's a great notice!!! We have the first SIG 2013, on our forum in Scale Models!!!

Well...I was thinking about it... At first time I want to do a little poll of two points about the model. Think it's better to do it free!

Here are the rules:

Model- Hummer... (of course)

Scale- you choice mates, some of you prefer 1/35, but maybe someone wants more little or in a near future would like to show with a helicopter or plane at 1/48 or 1/72 scale.

Paint- free!!! The normal is in camouflage (Brown/green/black) or sand color. I'm not sure if it exist in white color (NATO)... I will search! #COLIN if you want to paint it as an american Wall Street broker in metallic black... Perfect!! lol. Will love it mate!!

Scratch- are wellcome!! If you want to do a more different vehicle, well...you can do a tin of drink on the rear part and paint it on Monster or Red Bull colors...

The last rule is strict!! The model has been show on a wood pedestal, if you want as little as the Hummer.

If you have any suggestion, idea or question, please said it. Will be very wellcome.

Remember we have 6 mounths, and the most important thing is have fun!!!

Well, thank you very much to all!! With you this SIG isn't be possible!!

Thanks

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
O.K., you've got me Polux......The Magnificent 10 riding off into the sunset!!!!

Over to you amigo!

Cheers,

Ron
Thank you very much Ron to join in!!

Cheers

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well done Polux the teb starters are

Andrew (Phalinmegob)

Andy (Andy 2035)

Colin (CDW)

Graham (Fenlander)

Ian (Papa695)

David (Plastickitbasher)

Steve (Stona)

Polux (Pink Panther)

Kresten (Kressy13)

Ron (spanner)

If anyone else wants to join in once its up nad running you are more than welcome.

I will set up a section for it in plenty of time before the start date.

ian m

C

CDW

\ said:
COLIN if you want to paint it as an american Wall Street broker in metallic black... Perfect!! lol. Will love it mate!!

Scratch- are wellcome!!
I was thinking of a stretch limousine ... this could change as i'm now off to look through endless pages of google for a decent (unusual) version

\ said:
We start at 1 of january!!Are you all ready?! lol haha
Need to buy it yet .... january is perfect:smiling3:

P

Polux

Hi friends!

This is for all, you have different options for this SIG.

If you want to seek your kits remind his different names or possibilities:

Hummer M998 / M966 / Hummvee M1114

As Colin, a good option is a search of them on Google images!

Affirmative! There is the version on white of UN.

Enjoy searching your kit and possibilities!

Have fun

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
My Hummer is in the post.By my maths we've now got nine signed up just need one more...
Sorry David!! There was a bit absent-minded, which model you chose?

Think I will go for the Bronco Model, which I comment to Steve (Stona), and if they have the decals will paint in white (UN).

P

Plastickitbasher

Polux,

I'm got the Academy 1/35th M966 Hummer Tow on it's way might be with me tomorrow.

I'm thinking of adding the CMK engine set and maybe an interior PE set but will see how the pennies are holding up after crimbo lol.

C

CDW

I'm going for the academy m998 cargo/troop carrier and will scratch some cargo for the rear.

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux,I'm got the Academy 1/35th M966 Hummer Tow on it's way might be with me tomorrow.

I'm thinking of adding the CMK engine set and maybe an interior PE set but will see how the pennies are holding up after crimbo lol.
Wow! Looks will be very complet!!

I'm wishing for the 1th january!!

Good luck!!

Ps: if you have this weekend can show a pic.

Remember we have to wait Ian M for the official thread.

Then we can show the firsts pics with the sprues.

P

Polux

\ said:
I'm going for the academy m998 cargo/troop carrier and will scratch some cargo for the rear.
Yep Colin!!

Looks you don't want the limousine version?!

In Google see a one limousine in pink color!!! Don't count with me!!! Haha lol

Looking forward this one Colin, I'm sure you will nailed it!!

Polux

P

Polux

Sorry for my step by step thread. I'm a newbie "moderator for one day"!

I missed to say the figures will be a free option, if some of you want to give a human "touch" could be nice!

And the last one... When Ian open the official SIG thread you all can open your own thread for show your build. Remember we will be ten or more, it's a good option write your name first (all do the same kit - Hummer), to difference all.

If there are questions or just want to "warm the motors" here will be our place for chat.

Regards

Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I'd like to step aboard on this one if I'm not too late.

No kit in the stash so I will need to get something, but probibly not til after Christmas.

Haven't built a wheeled vehicle for years, so this'll be something different.

Tony.