Piper Pawnee Cropduster

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Guys and Gals,

Well, I had to take a few days off from building, my neck got to bothering me really bad. But, I am back at it!

Todays model is a kit made in the U.K. by "Heritage Aviation" ( http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/ ), it the world famous Cropduster/glider tow plane, the Piper Pawnee done in 1:48th scale.

This is a resin kit with approx 7 resin parts, vacuformed canopy (2 in case ya mess one up) and about 10 white metal parts. ts exceptionally well crafted and goes together really well and makes really nice display piece too.

Anyway, here she sits on the hood of my truck tonight:

Be sure to check out this company, I know some of you have seen the link once before in one of my postings, but there are really some nice looking models there....and this model only cost me $15.00 (US).

Its hard to find any 1:48th scale model for that price, much less a resin kit.

Anyway, have a good day everyone,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

B

Bunkerbarge

If I remember rightly Heritage Aviation are the chaps who make the 1/24th Lancaster. Now that has to be an impressive kit, I'd love to hear from anyone who has made one of those!

R

rjwood_uk

yes thats right Richard,off the top of my head they make a 1/24 vulcan, electric lightening and a few others as well.

very nice little piper there greg! the reflection is perfect!!!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I built a flying model once of a Piper Pawnee,the fuselage was made from foam carved to shape,then covered with tissue layers stuck down with PVA adhesive,really tough as well.

Very nice scheme Greg.

D

dsamuel

Hi Geedubya,

I notice that you build mainly 1:48 scale which I suppose can get quite big.

What do you do with all your models? How do you manage to keep them on display and or safe?

Cheers,

Dave

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys,

First thanks for the kind words. Yeah, Herutage does make the 1/24 "lanc". I havent looked yet ( I just got back from Dr.'s) but there is a gallery on the site, there may be one there.

As for Building mostly 1:48th scale, yep, thats my scale of choice and it is becoming a challenge to display/store all the models, right now they line shelves and I have had a few hanging from the cieling, but currently have them down for cleaning with no way to get them back up due to my neck lol. I have airplanes all over the house lol, but for the most part, I display them on small wooden plaques 9seen in a much earlier thread of the Henschel 123A biplane), which I sit on shelves.

thanks again for the kind words, and I am considerin trying to build something this evening (its already after 4 pm here so i might not get one built). Anyway, have a good evening,

Greg