Pitts S-2A

First Name
Dave
Absolutely sweeeeeeeeeet. Perfectly done. Nice one.

"Pitts Special.........a powerful engine with a plane attached to it"!

Hard to believe they were first flown in 1946.

D

danntheman

Glad you like I had the choice to do it in this colour or the Rothmans, and now cannot find another to do the Rothmans.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Glad you like I had the choice to do it in this colour or the Rothmans, and now cannot find another to do the Rothmans.
I bet they are liking trying to find the proverbial rocking horse stuff!

Remember seeing them years ago, wish I had got some now!

D

danntheman

Well I might have a hope, a guy near me runs a model shop and he always stocks a lot of older stuff. He is online as well, take a look.

www.thehobbyden. Nice guy as well.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That looks great dan its a tiny little thing isnt it? I ve done the rothmans version and it was a tricky paint job . The decal for the fuselage flash in dark blue were very stiff so i had to paint the colour on , add to this the dark blue outline to all the wings ,tailplanes and fin and rudder!

You can still pick them up on e-bay now and again so keep looking if you want one. , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice to see something different and colourful. Beauty build, I hope you can find a Rothmans scheme for the next one, they will make a fine little display..

D

danntheman

I think its near to impossible, checking all online stores abroad but no luck so far

S

steve scan

Very nice Dan great work on something so small and difficult.

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great build reminds me of the greenham common air displays they nearly always started with the rothmans pits special display team that was back before the cruise missiles arrived and the iat was switched to fairford in gloucester happy days