Plastic/styrene?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm looking at getting a range of plastruct is this something that you use? I'm looking at the larger stand in the attached picture.

View attachment 68060

image.jpg

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I would certainly get some strips and rods...have plenty of sheet at the moment.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi John it is something that would come in handy, I think the problem you may have is the fact it's a product that not a lot of people use it all the time but saying that I would buy if you have it in stock

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
yes got some from another site but prefer to use your shop

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I use styrene sheet, but not large amounts. I use it for gap filling on some of the dodgier fitting kits and very rarely for scratch building bits. I'll buy it when I need it, but sheets last a long time.

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I bought a pack of mixed sheets, a pack of mixed strips and a pack of mixed rods about 3 years ago - and they're still half full.

Gern

C

CDW

I've used it in the past but when scratch building anything ill use whatever is at hand and for the small amount of sheeting I use a yougart pot or fast food dish will be enough.

Being honest as ill hope you'll appreciate, for those of us who use little and have a model shop nearby I think adding postage to the normally lower cost that you provide will price it above the model shop.

For those that use a load or want to stock up then you'll be competitive as per usual.

B

backonthecase

I think it's one of these things that I'd buy one mixed pack of then I'd only use it in dribs and drabs so would last ages.

Having said that i'm not a massive scratchbuilder or superdetailer so some of those would have more use out of this material.

Stuart

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
I think adding postage to the normally lower cost that you provide will price it above the model shop.
Your right but that could be said for a lot of products I sell, I think it would be more of a addon while buying other things type of product.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
i would agree i would order some with my other items god i'm looking forward to xmas to spend some cash

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

I would buy some Sir, I don't have a shop near by and when I have tried to look at this kind of thing on the net I get a little confused with the sizes etc, I have sent them e-mails asking and have never had a reply...

Andy...

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
I get a little confused with the sizes etc, I have sent them e-mails asking and have never had a reply...Andy...
I get that too Andy, it's universal and you'd think some of the large shops would be quick to secure your business but it seems they must be doing rather well and too busy to deal with small queries.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
No order too small. When I get it in Andy I will be happy to go through things with you.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I use it John , the different sized rod and strip packs are very useful . I'll definitely get some from the SM shop when needed , cheers tony

B

backonthecase

Despite saying im not a scratchbuilder - having thought about this more, when the mixed packs come in i can see me buying one or two and if I have them on me, im more likely to add bits and pieces.... So count me in for a mixed bag :smiling3:

Stuart

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Now in stock, no images on the website yet just waiting for them, I don't know how I'm going to send some of them out, Royal Mail's max size if 610mm some of these pieces are 615mm, I'm sure some job's worth will notice.