Please help me find a kitty!

J

John Rixon

Im coming to the end of my Panzerkampfwagen lll Ausf L - phew, what a mouthful! (Pics soon come) And I'm after a Tiger, preferably a very early one, no Zimmerit. Any advice on kits here? I know that if I get tamiya, I'll love building it, but can anyone shed light on Dragon and Academy alternatives please? Much obliged, in advance!

D

dubster72

The Dragon initial production Tiger is very nice John - the kit number is 6252.

It comes with lots of pe, turned aluminium barrel & clear periscope parts. Like most modern DML kits, it's a complicated build, but that's half the fun!

Dragon make another initial production kit #6600 which is also very nice, although I've not built that one.

Academy kits are a simpler build, lacking any pe etc (at the very least, pe grill covers are a must IMHO)

I think the one that Monica has just built is their early production version.

There's also one with a full interior - I've got my eyes open for one of them on eBay ;)

First Name
Michaël
Hi John,(all kinds of tiger's early and late versions)

Tamiya has 25 kinds and Dragon 25

AFV :3

Academy :13

Cyber Hobby : 8

Italeri : 7

Zvezda : 4

And some unknown brands to.

You can find this all on scalemates.com (Details,review's,price's,book's,projects,etc....)

J

John Rixon

\ said:
The Dragon initial production Tiger is very nice John - the kit number is 6252.
It comes with lots of pe, turned aluminium barrel & clear periscope parts. Like most modern DML kits, it's a complicated build, but that's half the fun!

Dragon make another initial production kit #6600 which is also very nice, although I've not built that one.

Academy kits are a simpler build, lacking any pe etc (at the very least, pe grill covers are a must IMHO)

I think the one that Monica has just built is their early production version.

There's also one with a full interior - I've got my eyes open for one of them on eBay ;)
Yeah, I've been eyeing a Dragon up for a while, never built one and hope they're worth the £59.00. Might have a sniff around Ebay, promise I wont bid on anything yet!!!

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Hi John,(all kinds of tiger's early and late versions)
Tamiya has 25 kinds and Dragon 25

AFV :3

Academy :13

Cyber Hobby : 8

Italeri : 7

Zvezda : 4

And some unknown brands to.

You can find this all on scalemates.com (Details,review's,price's,book's,projects,etc....)
Sure, I know there's a plethora of them around, kind of want to hear folks' experiences with them, and wish / hope that Meng expand their range into this era!

D

dubster72

\ said:
Yeah, I've been eyeing a Dragon up for a while, never built one and hope they're worth the £59.00. Might have a sniff around Ebay, promise I wont bid on anything yet!!!
Don't pay full price! Try John on here, Wonderland Models & Kingkit - they're often very reasonable.

You can donate the saving to Ipswich Town to help them get their season back on track! :P

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Don't pay full price! Try John on here, Wonderland Models & Kingkit - they're often very reasonable.
You can donate the saving to Ipswich Town to help them get their season back on track! :P
I despair at them! Used to be a season ticket holder, but then came Roy Keane, destroyed my faith in the sport!!!

First Name
Michaël
If you want a cheap price maybe you pay a visit to "Scale Modellers Convention"

last time i buy a T26e4 for 20,00 euro/ (14,27£ instead of 24,00£)

hail to those convention's and black market's :smiling3:

J

John Rixon

\ said:
If you want a cheap price maybe you pay a visit to "Scale Modellers Convention"
last time i buy a T26e4 for 20,00 euro/ (14,27£ instead of 24,00£)

hail to those convention's and black market's :smiling3:
It's not so much the price as the quality! I'm perfectly happy to pay £50 odd for a really high quality kit, ie one that is packed with detail, PE etc and not from 1970s tooling! I'll spend countless hours on it and consider it good value for that. I've just spent at least 3 days on mud! Being retired has some serious benefits;). Tamiyas are lovely builds, but sometimes I want to immerse myself in a box with hundreds of parts. And now, thanks to you, I'm also sniffing around Russian armour! Winter is coming, time to build up the stash:smiling3:.

D

dubster72

\ said:
I despair at them! Used to be a season ticket holder, but then came Roy Keane, destroyed my faith in the sport!!!
Don't worry mate, I'm the same with Brentford - although at least we've discovered some form at last!

Russian armour eh? How about the Bronco KV-85? Now that's a lovely looking kit ;)

First Name
Michaël
@ John ==>> LOL ,you damn right those Russian Armour are amazing to build up your stash....

Object 704 is my fav tank and still not in stash...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/USSR

if you want them all :D :rolleyes: ;)

ps: just post a Russian truck Zis-5v

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Don't worry mate, I'm the same with Brentford - although at least we've discovered some form at last!
Russian armour eh? How about the Bronco KV-85? Now that's a lovely looking kit ;)
Ooh, that does look good. What are Bronco kits like?

J

John Rixon

\ said:
@ John ==>> LOL ,you damn right those Russian Armour are amazing to build up your stash....
Object 704 is my fav tank and still not in stash...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/USSR

if you want them all :D :rolleyes: ;)

ps: just post a Russian truck Zis-5v
Blimey, that looks a mean one!

D

dubster72

\ said:
Ooh, that does look good. What are Bronco kits like?
Excellent quality! Like Dragon they have lots of parts & pe, but they fit like a Tamiya. Also their instructions are a glossy booklet, much easier to follow than anything produced by Dragon ;)

The KV-85 is one that I've set my heart on ... if only I get a few of my many part-built kits finished!

J

John Rixon

\ said:
as Patrick said this ,is the early one I,just did,very nice kit to build,
no fit problem,no PE,and turned out nice in my eye,s I got on evilbay,

for I,think about $42.00 Aud,with postage from HK,
Yup, it looks a cracker too, I have, however been led astray by Patrick pointing me at a Russian tank, plus looking at Razie43s Russian collection! I'm always being sidetracked!!

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Don't worry mate, I'm the same with Brentford - although at least we've discovered some form at last
Been there, done that, got the bloody t-shirt! Mind you, we were regulars back in the 70s, so remember some brilliant days - still got my Wembley ticket from 78 - £2.50!!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
haha oh lol, :D

always time to both,

I do have my eye on a second,KV-as well to do in German colors,the Trumpeter,is a very nice basic kit

as well,great fit with no build problems and two type of track come with it,,o_O