PM Models Lippish P-13a

W

wbk666

I needed a quick fix to help me get over the encore kit and they dont come much quicker than PM Models Lippish P-13a

One sprue of flash free grey styrene containing everything for the plane and its "trolley" yes, all TEN pieces

In a cellophane bag is the clear canopy and the decals.

If nothing else the spare numbers might come in handy AND they include swastikas

:o

Instructions is a double sided sheet, One side has a bit of info on the craft and the painting suggestion

The other the assembly instructions

The main fuselage is made up of upper and lower halves to which is added the pilots seat and control "stick"

The rest of the plane is made up of two more pieces that make up the rest of the body/tail fin

Whilst the glue was setting on those i knocked together the trolley.

Also i thought i'd add a pilot from the spares box to help fill the empty cockpit

Attaching the upper fuselage/tail left a slight gap at the joint

So i broke out the squadron white putty and smoothed over it with a cotton bud dipped in acetone.

Thats as far as i got tonight. i'll hopefully finish it over the weekend :D

T

treyzx10r

Wayne I love the Luft 46 stuff and this is looking great!

W

wbk666

i too find the luft 46 stuff fascinating.

had a slight problem with the canopy, it seems a little too small so ive had to lay the clearfix on a little thick.

hopefully that will sort it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice little diversion isnt it wayne? The thing i had trouble with on mine was the canopy, be very careful cutting it off the sprue , the four attachment points are very thick and brittle. I cut mine off with the razor saw and then carefully filed the stubs, I still had to add a frame all round as the canopy is undersized too! cheers tony

W

wbk666

yes, i managed to cut and file it ok but as you say it is a little under sized.

I'll see how the clearfix dried later and then see if it will need any more work.

It is a fun little kit.

C

CDW

"One sprue of flash free grey styrene" ....... music to the ears :smiling3: :smiling3:

Nice little model of an unusual subject, looks good so far.

W

wbk666

got the canopy masked and the kit primed tonight

might need a touch of filler around the canopy but nothing too serious

T

treyzx10r

Nice progress Wayne .The canopy looks like it will be fine after a tad of filler. What colors are you going with on this one?

W

wbk666

haven't decided yet. Might just go along with the instruction suggestion.

W

wbk666

lippisch all painted up and first coat of Klear added

Pretty much as suggested in the instructions and it was good practice for my freehand airbrushing.

View attachment 53092

IMG_8643.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
What a strange looking contraption. Nice work on the paint Wayne.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A cracking little model Wayne, Nicely done mate,

Tony,

W

wbk666

kit all done now. for a cheap quick build i really enjoyed it. a nice break from the beaufort

T

treyzx10r

Thats a wild looking aircraft Wayne! Great work ,especially with that difficult canopy fit!