Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale s

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
nice work so far ken. It is a beautiful blue, better than my bike. I have to reorder the kit just to get the front fairing as it works out cheaper than just buying the fairing. For the cbr 1100xx 1/12 scale as Tamiya says, as I dropped the pocsy
thing after I glued, the wing mirrors in place, I got a phone call, from them bloody cold callers asking questions, about house bills and it made me jump getting the phone call as, I was trying to concentrate on where the next part goes, and smudged all the indicators and the window that covers the headlight with glue as I held in place, till just enough to hold it self, in place so for now my models are on hold. But I will be back to finish off properly. That's why their are no more photographs at the moment​

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Jim it's annoying when something goes wrong but we've all been there look forward to you restarting it.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've finished the tank and sprayed the clear coat on the rest of the paintwork.
i6clqo.jpg

j8kzg2.jpg

fon47p.jpg

r74275.jpg

Such a gorgeous colour (even if I do say so myself)

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Gorgeous colour, and a gorgeous finish!

Pete

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all started adding detail to the starter relay.
34insle.jpg

21eqcnc.jpg

168cr2r.jpg

J

Jens Andrée

This is looking really awesome!!!
I also like the blue colour much more than the original one so that was a very good choice!

Does it come with electronic lights? Is it something you will add if it doesn't come as standard?
I've got several rolls of 0805 leds (2x1.3mm size) in various colours that can be slipped into very tiny parts but they are very bright. I often use enamel wires to power these in a discrete mount.
Let me know if you need some because I bought them in bulk for a few projects I've done the last couple of years and I've got loads. The brightness can be adjusted by selecting a suitable resistor.
It's a project that would look nice with lights for sure!

If electronics isn't your thing then don't worry. I can solder wires to the leds and select a suitable resistor before I stick them in an envelope. All you have to do is to add a battery, and some sort of switch?

D

Deleted member 3568

That's very kind mate I would love to do that but I just think it's beyond my meagre abilities, I've use leds on a few of my dios and would also like to use them on the HLF20 I'm building but the space and hiding the wires is what scares me.

S

steve5

really liking this ken , that blue is unreal , the finish you got is gorgeous .

james pithouse

First Name
James
getting their slowly ken on your bike i see. Just reorded my cbr1100xx again just so I get the fairing, part i need. P.S. got your's and pam's christmas present here so when you are ready to pick it up ok I hope you like it.

D

Deleted member 3568

Ok Jim thanks, see you sometime, very busy at the moment.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've detailed up the battery and added the upgrade kit decal (the smaller decal is the one that came with the kit.
21blqfl.jpg

I must say I am surprised with a kit of this size and price of the huge amount of missing detail, mostly seems to be wiring which surely wouldn't be that expensive to add to the kit.
2ymf4eu.jpg

2hf47xi.jpg

28jl27n.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all started on the fuel system added the butterfly valves made from aluminium foil onto which I put brass leaf.
kaljww.jpg

nmc0sj.jpg

Then I cut it to fit
nl3ifp.jpg

Then cut a piece of sprue then halved it.
k3svhg.jpg

Covered it with the brass leaf then drilled two holes and added a couple of screws
bg5xfc.jpg

bg5xfc.jpg

2mg6mu9.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all bit more added here (this is just the supplied detail loads of wiring and connectors still to add) ( I really don't know why they don't supply varying thicknesses of wire surly it wouldn't add more than a tenner to the cost of the kit)
a5fe43.jpg

ease0z.jpg

As I said loads more detail to add but couldn't resist trying it on the engine.
r7rq5w.jpg

2h6arfl.jpg

5frotc.jpg

Also got the tyres on the wheels (Man they are heavy, but great quality)
29zzapt.jpg

t4ydkx.jpg

S

steve5

this is fascinating stuff mate , watching you make the wiring up . I'd be tearing what's left of my hair out ;)

james pithouse

First Name
James
great work ken, now i'm back to building my model motor bike the cbr 1100xx at last turned up today, so now it's full steam ahead

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here's the wiring added to the intake system and said system added to the engine (this thing is getting heavey)
xngn7q.jpg

121e6fn.jpg

2j0l84i.jpg

2429642.jpg

3460sjr.jpg

migqab.jpg