Hi all well I've got to say I'm very disappointed with the hardware upgrade kit. I'm not an engineer and I don't have a box of assorted small diameter bolt hexnuts or assorted rods but Paul seems to think anyone buying his kit has them I now have to try and find some threaded rod for the foot pegs, anyway whingeing aside the heal guard is missing the attachment hardware Paul suggests to make sure you can get the centred you cut the heads off the bolts and glue them in place allowing you a chance to centre them
On closer inspection looking at the rear of the part there are two lugs where the bolts go through on the real thing which if drilled from the rear gives you the ability to centre them also giving you the realism of having the bolts sticking out the back once added
The top bolt on this bracket as supplied is a Philips screw.
Paul's solution is to cut the head off a socket screw and glue it over the screw
I really love this kit. I'm working on the handle bars, there are more parts in just these bits than in some 1/24 car kits I've built (I'm not looking forward to the tiny decals)(They supply all the decals there are on the real bike) it has working break and clutch levers and a working throttle.
Hi all well this has been on and off half a dozen times as I couldn't find a way for the clutch reservoir horizontal then I checked some ref pics to find it's at an angle on the real bike. I was getting so stressed trying to get it level and horizontal, I'd have been pulling my hair out if I had some.
Hi all it’s been a while but here is the next update (what a pita this was) I snapped the screw in the steering head clamp so had to drill it out then re tap and guess what I cross threaded it and snapped it off again (don’t know how it’s still in one piece) on another forum a member called silver 911 has some PE radiator grill made to upgrade the radiator he kindly gave me the email of the company that produced them for him and gave me permission to use his fins so I’ve ordered them (I feel a bit guilty as they cost him50 quid )( costs for creating the pattern I suppose) only costing me 21.60, anyway it’s a vast improvement over the kit supplied part.
I do a bit of woodworking and whenever I use brass screws I dip the screws in beeswax before screwing them in the pre-drilled holes because they often snap in harder woods because of hard friction.
I don't know if this is the problem you've had but some plastics can have a similar friction, enough to snap screws.
A little dab of wax, or some other kind of lubricant, is never a bad idea!
Small screws are often much harder than large ones because they're hardened through whereas larger ones have a softer core and doesn't snap as easily, that's also part of the problem I guess...
I hope the third time is successful but add some lubricant just to be sure ;)