Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm the worlds deerest Airfix.... Before I get hung up. Porcher are owned by Hornby.

It looks OK but I would rather one of their gorgeous vintage cars.

Ian M

H

Harry Labanville

Too soon to find a price or distributor yet but I bet you wont get much change out of £500.

I bet its good to build it thou.

Quite possibly the dearest Airfix ,but also it would be their greatest build.(IMHO)

Bring it on

D

Deleted member 3568

Years ago I had an arrangement with my lhs I would give £2.00 a week (I used to buy at least 2 kits a week in those days) and was on first name terms with the owner, used to display my models in his shop window. And in 18 months I was going to buy a RR ambassador. Unfortunately they went out of business before I got there so I never did get it but I could never afford or justify buying one now.

H

Harry Labanville

(Blimey I cannot believe you have resurrected this one)

However

yes £500 is the going price or more unless of course you buy a tatty made up one and dismantle it and rebuild it.

I have 2 in the stash been there for 10 years maybe one day I will put them together.

I wish now that I has subscribed to the James Bond Db5 and got it in instalments. Wouldnt have seemed so expensive.

They seem to be anything on ebay.

But it does look good when finished.

R

roymattblack

I have the Aventador in my stash - along with the 'old' Pocher Mercedes 500 and Alfa Spider.

I built the Pocher Rolls Torpedo about 6 months ago.

The Aventador is superb, but yes, the 'classics' are better......

Roy.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I have the Aventador in my stash - along with the 'old' Pocher Mercedes 500 and Alfa Spider.I built the Pocher Rolls Torpedo about 6 months ago.

The Aventador is superb, but yes, the 'classics' are better......

Roy.
That is gorgeous Roy and a beautiful finish, but when the kits are £700 that is just way out of my price range.

Si:smiling3:

R

roymattblack

The strange thing with Pocher kits is, in terms of a long-term project, they aren't 'quite' as expensive as they seem. (Yes, they are still expensive)

A Pocher classic can easily take 6 months to a year to build (I'm retired, and even at anywhere from 6-10 hours per day, it took me 4 months to build my Rolls Torpedo) so actually, spread over a year, it works out at around £15 a week.

Many people spend more than that on booze, fags or even 'nothing'.

I can only offer advice as having 'done it'......

If you've ever hankered for a BIG project, get a classic Pocher.

You can occasionally pick them up on Ebay for a song.

My Torpedo actually cost me £275 only last summer on Ebay as there were no bids! I messaged the seller with my offer and he accepted it.

My Alfa Spider was £325.

Not ALL Pochers go for big money.

Roy.

D

daveb257

Roy,

Noticed you are building the Aventador, if you need any reference images of a particular part of the car let me know as I will be at a car club meet on Saturday with a good friend who has the roadster

Dave

D

daveb257

Will do, did try & PM you but didn't work, I'll take some ( weather permitting, it doesn't come out in the rain !) and post them on a new thread

D

daveb257

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/lamboghini-aventador-lp-700-4.27830/