Pointe du hoc diorama

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dubster72

Perhaps it should have been stated that the pictures were computer-enhanced right at the start?

Personally I'm with Ian, to really work the builds should be able to be viewed 'as is' & without any extra computer help. It's fine to add a bit after if there's the original to compare with. Otherwise we could all do stuff to our pictures & erase or hide any mistakes etc.

I like putting a background to a dio, it's a bit like taking B/W shots to give it that 'authentic' look.

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

well I originally posted to see the before and after pictures. didn't realise that it would start a great debate, and am sorry to those that think it's spoilt the thread.

as we're all being honest here, I will say that there's a lot more done to the images than a little tweak here and there. I agree that the fact that they're digitally enhanced should be mentioned in the first case.

background images and props are acceptable in my mind, you can see what's been altered in these cases. if fully manipulated images are needed then what quality is the original model?

what I would like is an answer to my original question on my first post that seems to have been missed when the OP replied.

P

Polux

Hello Colin. I believe that now I understand the evasions and some answers.

Looks like a very informative Forum with plenty of intelligent members.

I'm Nick AKA bspnick and I'm representing Battle Scene Productions. We create some of the most realistic military related diorama scenes in the industry for collectible toy soldier manufacturers, dealers, collectors and the like. Our main goal is to keep history alive by telling historical stories using collectible toy soldier miniatures. Most of our scenes are scratch made. We have been published in several magazine and have been working on a multi episode WWII documentary called THE GREAT CRUSADE using the same miniatures, veteran interviews, etc...

I hope you all enjoy our tribute to veterans in the form of miniature dioramas.

Stay well,

Nick AKA bspnick

This is from the web Historum.

http://www.historum.com/european-history/39710-spanish-civil-war-diorama.html

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
:emo2:now I am totally confused

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nick, I've just wandered over to the web site Polux has mentioned and had a look at your Spanish civil war Bf109 dio.

Whilst looking I couldn't help but notice that it shows you have been suspended from that site indefinately. Seems a bit harsh for just posting one of your works.........

Ron

D

dubster72

Ahhh so Polux isn't Nick! He copied that from the other forum.

I was getting most confused there, thinking they were one & the same!

Cheers

Patrick

P

phalinmegob

i am even more confused than you lot because on the comments on the other site mentioned it says that "The figures and aircraft are pre-built and numbered so there wasn't any model building involved with them. Scratch building some of the other items in this scene is another story. so are you just making the scenery then nick?

also are the landing craft models or photo scenery,how can you tell?

Last edited:
P

Polux

I'm not Nick!!!

Excuse the confusion, it's not also my intention to offend nobody, excuse.

Seeing your discussion I decided to search in Google the "bspnick" and found this. The Spanish diorama ... later look in the own web for the forum of presentations to see if "he" was. Here He don't present and I wanted to know more. I copied his text and to write it here. It wanted to help a bit, but I realize that what I have done, is not well and ok, I am very sorry.

Regards

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think I need a cup of tea, and one of these.:rasta:

Maybe then all will become clear.

A

andyrobs

This seems to be getting more confusing than a cult american TV series!!!!!:confused:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I feel like I've already had some mind altering drugs trying to fathom out what the hell is going on. This is one crazy trip man. To be honest I'm a bit bored with it now.

I did have a look at the site but, in light of everything that's been revealed in this thread, I just don't know what to believe anymore.

I'm going to make myself some tea, clear my head and get on with some modelling I know to be real.

D

dubster72

I'm with you Paul! I think we should just accept that these guys make dioramas on a commercial or semi-commercial basis & use computer post enhancement techniques. They're very clever, but is it true scale modelling? Not in my eyes.

And Polux, there's no need to apologize my friend, you tried to help & explain. In fact, the only reason I thought you might have been ' Nick ' was because your dioramas are so good - it just proves you don't need computer trickery to produce excellent work such as your ' Winter Patrol '.

Cheers

Patrick

N

noble

I've just sat and read all of the posts on this thread, now i consider myself a reasonably intelligent person but what the hell is this all about i've lost the plot. Ok i have no problem with adding a back ground to a kit to put that kit in perspective e.g the water colour used to show rons omaha beach scene that to me is acceptable but when anyone starts to add in pictures that are not true and genuine kits, like trickey66 mentioned that another landing craft has been added..... well thats not modelling to me there seems to be a little cheating to gain peoples approval . Now if it had been mentioned at the begining and an original photo of this diorama included then all is above board, so what else has been added in here using photoshop, is this a real diorama or something that has been found online and tinkered with?

scott

Last edited:
P

Polux

Hi to all.

My intention was to "defend" our calm forum.

I have done it in a worst possible way, excuse for confusing furthermore all.

I have learned a lesson, and I will not return to meddle!!!

Ufff ... I was thinking that you were doing me out!!! That I dislike!!!

Thanks for your comments Patrick!!

Best regards

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hey Polux, you are our best Spanish amigo, so don't worry about anything.....Stay cool.

As for this crazy thread, I have reached my own, not very complimentary conclusion, so I'm out of here whilst I have some sanity left and get back to what this forum is all about.....Pure, unadulterated modelling.

But at the end of the day, each to his own.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And this would be a good time to pull the plug on this thread.

Sorry but for the first time I feel that this thread has out lived its shelf life.'

Ian M

Status
Not open for further replies.