Polishable metallic paint

A

AVB99

Hello

I'm about to start a 1/35 miniart v55 engine. Can someone please recommend a range of acrylic paints, metallic, which can be polished. Thanks in advance. 20180831_125114.jpg

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi

The best polishable paints that I have found are the AK True Metal paints. They seem to have a full range of metal types and they do polish up nicely. In addition to add an extra touch of sparkle, if you need it, the chrome felt pens can add a real touch of chrome with very precise control.

John

A

AVB99

Hi

The best polishable paints that I have found are the AK True Metal paints. They seem to have a full range of metal types and they do polish up nicely. In addition to add an extra touch of sparkle, if you need it, the chrome felt pens can add a real touch of chrome with very precise control.

John
Thank you sir

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I echo John about the AK True Metals. You must have a perfect surface, 'cos the slightest blemish is shown up!
One thing I should say is that they are in tube form, and seem to be some form of wax (?). They can be applied by brush, cloth, or I use my finger, then after a short while, buffed up with a soft cloth, or cotton buds
Dave

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I use the Mr Hobby Mr Metal paints, they are more forgiving of the surface than AK True Metals.

A

AVB99

I echo John about the AK True Metals. You must have a perfect surface, 'cos the slightest blemish is shown up!
One thing I should say is that they are in tube form, and seem to be some form of wax (?). They can be applied by brush, cloth, or I use my finger, then after a short while, buffed up with a soft cloth, or cotton buds
Dave
Sounds great. Thank you

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Have to agree, I have the AK and Mr Hobby buffables, prefer Mr H.