Polux's Das Schnelle Schiff (Papa's Kit Bash GB)

P

Polux

Here we go!!!

What is a Das Schnelle Schiff....?

Let me explain....during 1947 the war still running. The both contingents have their military forces nearly of collapse...only rest a few part of them! The factories was destroyed and haven't enough iron or materials to produce new armament.
So the best way was reused the damaged or abandoned vehicles around the desolate terrain....
During this period of the war, the sea and the interior rivers become an important part of the military strategy.
On summer 1946 the Dr. Van Munch Kruger designed the first rapid boat using different parts of existing vehicles.
The result was a light boat. Really fast and versatile.
Was called the DSS (Das Schnelle Schiff).
It was built using parts of a special resin boat, the chassis and the engine of an Opel Blitz truck.
His repercussion on the development of the conflict becomes decisive on the final part of the World War II...

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Ooh, that is different!:cool:

P

Polux

Ok!! First step is modify the chassis. Is cutting some parts and resize the length between the engine and transmission....

IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0222.JPG

P

Polux

This is and option or idea....
From that part of the boat (middle), two small pieces, will give the "power" at two different wheels on the rear part.....using a chain.
The system will be similar like the ancient boats on the Missouri :confused:

IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0228.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sounds mad as a box of frogs Polux but I love it!! Great work and imagination so far and is that a toilet seat on the front of the boat?:D:D:D keep it up mate I cant wait to see this beast progress , cheers tony

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
It grows!!:eek:

A very interesting kit bashing you got going here!:cool::smiling3:

P

Polux

Now is that time when you have doubts....
“”Is looking real??””
I suppose once painted will look better....

The DSS was equipped with a powerful gun machine, moved from the inner part, using a a simple mechanism.

17CE3C66-A386-415D-BAF5-60EB36F0C19E.jpeg 3032210A-581C-491D-B90B-96B325843EF6.jpeg B3F01F39-1FB5-414A-AA89-1B838E59E1A1.jpeg 1FDB81AD-E876-473D-B849-8E5BC00D34BF.jpeg