Polypropelene glue ?

D

duncan

Been trying various normal modelling adhesives to secure lid and brass outlet pipes on film cassette for use as a small fuel tank. No luck so far ...any ideas ? The plastic used is the super slippery polypropylene. Loooong time ago they were ali. great for little silencers. Havent tried heat gun glue.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Duncan the only adhesive that will do the job you mention is called 'Stabilit Boss' this is a strange smelling two part resin made in Germany,I am not sure if the product is still available but it was very popular for sticking flexible helicopter body shells together,can I suggest that you try Midland Helicopters from Hinkley,also Sussex Model centre may have some supplies left.

Also Mr Sticky could have a suitable product that will fit your needs but Stabilit is the real answer.

Best of luck.

D

duncan

Thanks Wonwing, Is Stablit a German product? Number one son lives there so could maybe get some. Wonder if it is nitro-proof (20%). Seem to remember foul stuff from R/C Modellers Glue people that was claimed to stick anything, it did too but wicked smell. I`ll try the heli boys first. Ta much:thumbs:

A

adzam

i believe it may well be german duncan, i know robbe recomend stabilit express, a very similiar if not the same compound, for all there model boat hulls. ( of the plastic type)

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thats the stuff Duncan,smells like dead fish that have been left to pickle in acid,then some ! quite brittle but has amazing ability to cling to flexible materials,never used any other adhesive quite like this ? yes if you have a contact in Germany that could be the answer.