Portuguese Texan

First Name
Mike
This is an older build of the Occidental 1/48 T-6G Texan. From what I've read it's based on the Monogram T-6 but has engraved panel lines. It's quite a nice kit; detail's a bit soft in places but there's a lot in the cockpit, the clear parts aren't bad and the overall fit is good. I added Eduard PE flaps, brake lines from solder and added the underwing stores. Markings are home-made and depict a Portuguese T-6 used for anti-insurgency in Mozambique in the 60s.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another stunner Mike, great attention to detail and the painting is first rate, great build from me mate, lovely aircraft.

Si:smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Outstanding build Mike, plans arnt my thing but thats a stunner. big 5* from me.

John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful build mike ,flawless paint job , and i'm loving the scheme too. Top work , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely work Mike. The Harvard is a regular vintage aircraft here in NZ, so seeing this warlike Texan with guns and rockets pods is a nice change.

First Name
Mike
Thanks Peter, Tony and Joe; this one does look quite colorful on my shelf :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I missed it too.....Mike, what a superb model. Really top class build.

First Name
Gregg
WOW were was this before, any build pics!

Great photography as well!

Gregg

T

T. van Vuuren

Very nice, I do some paint and fabric work on T-6's at my local airport and there is also one of these ex-portugese T-6's although way more weathered and not as nice an colorfull as yours.

I have the Italeri 1/48 T-6 in the stach for next year, that is also a nice kit.

Theuns

selrach

SMF Supporter
Mike, a marvelously done plane! How did you get such a nice metal finish and markings?

Selrach

First Name
Mike
Thanks a lot guys, for taking the time to look and comment.

\ said:
VI have the Italeri 1/48 T-6 in the stach for next year, that is also a nice kit.Theuns
This is actually the Italeri boxing of the Occidental kit Theuns, perhaps I should have specified that in the OP. It's the same plastic, but the Italeri kit has a much nicer decal sheet.

Mike, a marvelously done plane! How did you get such a nice metal finish and markings?Selrach
Thanks Selrach, the model was airbrushed with Alclad II Aluminum and then flat coated.