Possibly the most helpful and friendly place on the net ...........

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not ......... But it is sort of diorama related.

This forum surely must be one of the most helpful and friendly place on the net ....... Since I've been on the forum I've be amazed at the advice freely offered and in the best of spirits and not once have I seen a post that was in any way of a competitive nature and even the debates are always done in good humour ......... and I hope that I've managed to help a few along the way.

Now the dio related bit ..........

I'm having a stab at my first modest attempt of a dio ........... One of the things I wanted was a decal in Cyrrilic of the word STOP to use on a road-block barrier ...... So I posted on here asking if anyone had one or could make one for me ........ and ......... a member on here (who is overseas) offered to make one for me ........anyway, a letter turned up from him today with 6 decals in ........ I'm not going to give his name in case he get's inundated with requests for decals :smiling3: ...... But he knows who he is and has my thanks........

So, surely the members have made it one of the best places to be on the internet ........ Thanks to all.

.......... and here is the barrier with the decal on.............

View attachment 104757

DSCN1274.JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
C'mon Peter spill the beans who made the decals I for one have my email at the ready for my 1st order.

Only kidding your barrier looks good look forward to next update

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent barrier.

You are spot on Peter with your observations too.....I joined here in 2009. I had never built a diorama before, and it was in the '60's when I last built a kit.

It was with nervous trepidation I posted my first ever dio. I needn't have worried. The response was great, full of tips and nice comments.

Guess what? Scale Models hasn't changed one bit, and long may it stay so....

P

Polux

Nice barrier!

The scale model forum is a special place :smiling3:

I had a similar experience too! I was building a Stuka 1/24 a time ago, and there was a missed piece on the box!!! A member send me a rubber disassembled from his own model!!!!

Great place and magnificent persons!!

We must keep this spirit ;)