Post shading question

M

Murphy's law

I will trying my first post shading on a F-16.  I have seen that I should use a slightly darker shade than base coat and have also seen that I should use a slightly lighter shade than base coat. Which is it? Or is it personal preference? I want this to be very subtle and not overdone. 

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will trying my first post shading on a F-16.  I have seen that I should use a slightly darker shade than base coat and have also seen that I should use a slightly lighter shade than base coat. Which is it? Or is it personal preference? I want this to be very subtle and not overdone. 

It all depends on weather or not you pre-shaded or not.

If you've pre-shaded then you would really only need to lighten the centre of the panels as the pre-shading should have left a darker colour over the panel lines.

But if you've not pre-shaded then a slightly darker colour of the base colour should be applied over the panel lines, and in my opinion you should also use a lighter shade of the base colour for the centre of the panels.

Thats how I would/ do it Stefan, others may say differently it's all down to a matter of taste.

M

Murphy's law

I should have mentioned in OP I have not pre-shaded 

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Like Ian says, a darker shade for the edge of panels etc, and a lighter shade for the centre. It doesn't matter which way you choose to do it.