My next diorama will be based on a few prisoners attempting to escape from a German ww2 prison camp.
I will have to try and make a few of the barracks and fences.
I have ordered my watch towers and other bits so will post as I get them.
I hope this goes to plan as it's not going to be easy.
It's not going to be based on a real prison only because I can't get the right things I need but we will see how it goes .
Got my fence wire mesh and I will be using half telegraph poles which I heat melted at the top end where the second half is supposed to join it to create the fence post.
This top bit will then face towards the camp with barbed wire on it to prevent escape.
They don't look like much yet but hopefully it will work.
Hope this makes sense
Hi little update
I am attempting to build my own gates as well as the fence for the camp and this is where I am up too.
They need to be rubbed down,filled painted and weathered and also the wire needs to be fixed in place.
Pics are just for progress purposes,
Hope thy are looking ok so far as I am no scratch builder
Well I have along way to go on one of the Quonset huts like adding windows and doors,painting and so on but I have made a start and it's had a coat of primer and the corrugated sheets are on,just the front and back to do
The figure is there to give you an idea of the size.
I really hope I have got the scale correct
I have had a look at these huts windows and some open side ways and some top only.
I have decided to go for the top because I thought a smaller gap to prevent a prisoner trying to jump out the window.
This will attach to the sides of the hut once finished.
I have attached some pics of how it will look.
Really out of my comfort zone here so hope it looks ok so far still lots to do .
Feedback welcome good or bad
Hi everyone just a little update on my progress ,I have placed the sides of the window frames on the first window in corrugated sheets like the hut.
It's primed and stuck in place with tack just to get an idea of how it will look in position when done.
Also put the corrugated front on the hut .still loads to do but this is where I am up to.
This is harder than I thought it would be to make these huts and very slow going
It don't look like much at this stage but what's your thoughts good or bad