POW-The Escape

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent Stuart!

Perhaps the dog has spotted something - or someone, in the prisoner's area. The guard assures him "It's just a rabbit."

First Name
Stuart
The dog might of seen somebody trying to escape or it could just be a rabbit,we will see at a later date :eek:
Glad you like it so far Ron really appreciate your kind feedback and that you are following the build.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
.......it's an excellent thread to follow.

I've just noticed - and I hope I'm wrong. The guard seems to have a fag in his mouth. I hope not, or it's off to the Russian Front for him!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Excellent work thus far!!:cool:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's looking really nice so far Stuart.

It's just a suggestion and maybe you've thought of it already, but all chain link fences have what's known as stretcher wires running horizontally. There's usually one at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. They're just wires threaded through the mesh and hooked on to threaded connectors at each end. These are fed through the end posts and tightened to stop the mesh fence sagging. Some sort of elastic cord like EZ line would do the same for your mesh.

First Name
Stuart
.......it's an excellent thread to follow.

I've just noticed - and I hope I'm wrong. The guard seems to have a fag in his mouth. I hope not, or it's off to the Russian Front for him!
Hi Ron
Thanks again for your kind words and glad you like the thread.
No smokes for this chap Ron :D

First Name
Stuart
That's looking really nice so far Stuart.

It's just a suggestion and maybe you've thought of it already, but all chain link fences have what's known as stretcher wires running horizontally. There's usually one at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. They're just wires threaded through the mesh and hooked on to threaded connectors at each end. These are fed through the end posts and tightened to stop the mesh fence sagging. Some sort of elastic cord like EZ line would do the same for your mesh.
Hi Dave
Thank you for taking the time to look at my build and thank you for your feedback and comments.
I must admit I forgot about the wire you mean and you are quite right but not sure if I will be able to pull it off .
The posts are so thin they break very easily and I am having difficulty with the razor wire alone.
It makes sense to have the wires in the fence you mentioned but the finish may make it worse due to connection to the posts .
Great point and I will look into it but if I can't do it I hope this doesn't ruin the whole build
Really appreciate your input thanks again :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Ron
Thanks again for your kind words and glad you like the thread.
No smokes for this chap Ron :D

Take a look at the first picture on your latest batch. it looks for all the world like a fag, but I can see now its the guard's shoulder flash.

Should have gone to specsaver!

First Name
Stuart
Take a look at the first picture on your latest batch. it looks for all the world like a fag, but I can see now its the guard's shoulder flash.

Should have gone to specsaver!
I see what you mean it does look like a fag,
Hope when I paint the guard holding a fag it looks just as good as that one o_O

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Couldn't you just wrap the thread round each post in turn rather than connect it individually? Failing that, how about drilling a tiny hole in each post and just feeding through the thread. A diagonal post fitted to each end post, and two to each corner post would help take up the tension. Something like this:

upload_2017-6-6_19-54-11.jpeg

First Name
Stuart
Couldn't you just wrap the thread round each post in turn rather than connect it individually? Failing that, how about drilling a tiny hole in each post and just feeding through the thread. A diagonal post fitted to each end post, and two to each corner post would help take up the tension. Something like this:

View attachment 282509
Cheers for the pic
I will definitely give it a go but I am no pro at this,amateur really but it does make sense to have them.
Thanks for your info Dave :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Careful Stuart, Dave will have you drilling out the barrel of the guard's gun next!.......ain't that right, Dave?;)

First Name
Stuart
Little up date on the Quonset hut.
I have a lot to do on this but I have added the second window and the chimney.
I know it won't be a perfect scratch build but I hope you like what I have done so far :D

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 14
First Name
Stuart
Little bit more done on the hut.
Feedback most welcome :smiling3:

Attachments

• IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 13
First Name
Stuart
A Little bit more done on the fence with more barbed wire added but needs painting and weathering.
Bit more done on the hut but lots still to do.
Getting there slowly,hope you like it so far

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1073.JPG
    IMG_1073.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 20

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Just catching up with this one Stuart. Impressive work so far, that hut and compound is looking great.