Pro Modeller 1:72 FW 190

H

Hangtight

I'm chucking together this little FW 190 to kill a few hours while I get over a knee op. It was getting done straight out of the box, but where's the fun in that :D So now it's turning into a little dio of a belly landed plane, somewhere in Russia, inspired by that one found a few years ago, almost untouched in a forest that had grown up around it.

The canopy has been cut off so it can be shown open, but am I right in thinking that the pilots headrest is attached to the canopy, NOT the fuselage?

H

Hangtight

Added some belts...

And popped a couple of holes in the instrument panel to represent instruments the pilot removed...

H

Hangtight

Wine bottle foil strips to represent flaps bashed up by a belly landing.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice work on the flaps ! Wine foil is a VERY useful material and such fun to obtain ! Keep up the excellent work , looking forward to seeing the next instalment , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice idea. I look forward to seeing this completed.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
My wine rack , I mean modelling store , is full of Campo Viejo Tempranillo , a VERY nice Rioja with a VERY useful foil wrap ! tony:cheers:

H

Hangtight

So, in a self generated answer to the question, "Can you preshade with a brush?", it would appear that you can.

Maybe another couple of really thin washes of the grey to flatten everything back, but I'm quite pleased for a first attempt. And it's good fun :smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking nice James, great work so far.

Tony.