promodler 1/48 JU 88A4

T

T. van Vuuren

This promodler kit is not what I expected, the fit is not very good, the pannel lined on the fuselage does not line up either, had to sand then down and re scribe.
icon_sad.gif

Cockpit detail however is actually good out the box, I just added the standard yellow electrical harnass.
Since the detail will be somewhat obscured through the glass I used seatbelt decals for simplicity.
1/48 JU 88 A4 by Theunis van Vuuren, on Flickr

T

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Can you post a picture of the box art please? I have two 1/48 Ju-88's so I'm interested to compare kits.

T

T. van Vuuren

This kit has some very odd engineering making an easy neat build hard, some filling and sanding required that will need re-scribing.
The wingtips are seperate and one is to fat, the other to thin
eusa_doh.gif

Here are the major components sofar. Excuse the poor cell pic
IMG_20180214_084410 by Theunis van Vuuren, on Flickr

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

This is really not a nice fitting kit :sad:
The wingroot gaps needed filling with sprue and cement to re-enforce the poor joint.
I also managed to have some glue wick onto one of the canopy halves. I really hate these split canpoies.

TheunsIMG_20180218_091131.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well that's a pain. Could you 'extend' the centre canopy frame a bit to cover the glue ?

T

T. van Vuuren

Yea I could but am not to worried about it anymore, on the Harvards we heve in the hanger some have a "fog" look in some of the curved top glass panes doe to sun exposyre and weathering, ....this will be my story on this model ;)

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

Bob Seger sings when he was younger "my hands were strong and steady, my eyes were clear and bright"
After yesterday , looking at my preshading efforts I think at 47 I dont poses either of these trates anymore LOL!
Maybe because I was cleaning and prepping 2 C-47 elevators for a re-cover yesterday my hands were a little more shaky than usual.
The bottom has a lighter shading than on the top, the blue tends to take the shading quite well and on top the dark camo covers it fast so you need to be carefull with painting it on.
IMG_20180326_171807 by Theunis van Vuuren, on Flickr
IMG_20180326_171754 by Theunis van Vuuren, on Flickr
My cell pix dont show the color well but this is HU 65 with the shading just showing through to the naked eye so I am happy woith that
IMG_20180326_173519 by Theunis van Vuuren, on Flickr
I decided to rather paint on the fuse ID band as I have not had allot of luck using them in decal form.
IMG_20180326_190932 by Theunis van Vuuren, on Flickr

Hoping the weather is hot so I can get the painting done asap, I dont like leaving masking on clear bits to long.

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

I didnt like the way the black/green was to dark and would alter the look of the model so I thinned it allot and sprayed on a few coats to give the effect of faded paint, I mist say if I compare it to pix of full size, you need to look really carefully to see the demarcation line, I am rather pleased with the result.
IMG_20180329_163619 by Theunis van Vuuren, on Flickr

Theuns

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Looks really good to me Theunis, keep up the good work