Hello

T

therapy

Afternoon all,

Thanks for letting me join. I've been lurking and dithering for about the past six months since placing my first order with the shop.

I started taking an interest in modelling again about three or four years ago after reading the autobiography of Winkle Brown and looking up some of the aircraft he flew on Wikipedia. I hadn't touched a plastic kit for over thirty years but had a stash of about forty or so mainly Airfix and Frog kits in the loft that had survived several house moves. With a bit more time on my hands since the kids (more or less) left home I dipped a tentative toe in the water. This is mainly a winter time hobby for me and I've found it nearly as good a way to clear the mind as my other passion - motorcycling. Typically I'll spend a couple of hours maybe two nights a week on the darker evenings so my build rate is pretty slow to say the least.

Main modelling interests are civil and military vehicles and WW2 aircraft. Motorbikes too of course and although I have a number of bike kits in a newly growing stash, I don't yet feel I can do them justice. I tell myself this new stash is in readiness for when I retire, but when that will be is anyone's guess. I hope to be able to get on the forum from time to time and pick up a few tips to improve my skills.

Cheers.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Nick
Welcome to the forum. I am a newcomer myself and can vouch for the fact that they are a friendly, helpful bunch. The hobby, although frustrating at times, is a great way to relax. I look forward to seeing some of your work.
Jim

First Name
Steve
Hi Nick welcome to the forum i'm really a newcomer as well, hope you enjoy your time here as much as i have.

Steve.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Nick, welcome to SMF.
I'm pretty much a newcomer too here and like Jim I can vouch that all on here are a friendly and helpful bunch of modelers.
Looking forward to see some of your work.

Fernando

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Nick
Welcome from me as well.... don’t worry about build rates, this game is all about the journey. If you get stuck or are unsure dont be shy, some clever clogs here will have the answer and will be only too happy to share it with you.
Cheers
Tim

M

mobear

Wlcm Nick,friendly bunch of modellers here always full of sound advice and tips,

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Nick, welcome to the forum. There's quite a lot of us newbies on here and have been made very welcome. Look forward to seeing your work.
Mick

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Nick,
It's a warm welcome from me look forward to seeing you about the site.
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Welcome on board. Look forward to seeing your builds

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the forum I hope that you enjoy it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi nick welcome to the forum, i like the sound of a stash of old airfix and frog kits! Eric browns autobiography was what inspired my current build , the martlet as it was a favourite aircraft of the (sadly missed ) great mans, cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Nick.
Nice place to come to.
Looking fwd to seeing your builds.
John.