Push Into Berlin, My GB Part Two

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hi all, because we have plenty of time left on this GB (and plenty of windows to cut out of USS Voyager) i thought it was time for me to build some more armour. Right here we go, Hobby Boss T-34/85 Model 1944 Angle-jointed Turret with full interior and in 1:48 scale, from what i can see it looks a very nice model. It was the price that made me get this one as it was under £10, i just love the box art too so it's that i'm going to model. Looks like i have my work cut out on this one.

Have fun, John

View attachment 18762View attachment 18764View attachment 18765View attachment 18761View attachment 18767View attachment 18766View attachment 18763

View attachment 26308

View attachment 26309

View attachment 26310

View attachment 26311

View attachment 26312

View attachment 26313

View attachment 26314

DSCF6050.jpg

DSCF6046.jpg

DSCF6052.jpg

DSCF6047.jpg

DSCF6048.jpg

DSCF6051.jpg

DSCF6049.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi john , cant wait to see how this turns out! As for the kit,WOW! 402 parts ,a bit of photo etch and all for under a tenner!! thats serious bang for your buck matey!! These 1/48 armour kits are getting really popular now arent they? I know graham is a huge fan as well as yourself ,and i can see why looking at this beauty! cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Tony, i know you won't see 90% of the interior but i've been looking forward to building this one up, but as always never got around to it. What i'm really looking forward to is the ground work, scratch building the subway and having some propaganda posters in there too. Having the figures in the back ground with the flag, that reminds me, need to get some figures lol.

Have fun, John

PS. I'll still be working on Voyager but a don't think you need a update of every window lol

M

msm2

Very nice kit there and so cheap...( I will not buy any more. ) Will be following this one.

Tony..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is one great kit John, and the diorama will be something else too...

Try and have fun!!

Ron

N

noble

Hi John i agree the T34 looks the dogs mate and the dio will be a sight to behold when complete.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John

That looks like a great kit and for under £10 - that's unbelievable! Looking forward to the build.

Paul

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Yep, not bad for under a tenner the only problem with that is it lift me with more money in my pocket. Went out today and spent it today, but thats another project lol.

Right, i've got some of the interior in white and a little weathering, just in the process of painting the fiddly bits. The detail is great for such a cheap model it's just a shame that 90% of it is going to be hidden. Nothing is gluded in yet but i'm going to do the engine over the weekend, it looks so good it's killing me and the build up is half way through the instructions so i'm going to skip it that then i'll skip back lol.

Have fun, John

View attachment 18863View attachment 18861View attachment 18865View attachment 18864View attachment 18860View attachment 18862

View attachment 26388

View attachment 26389

View attachment 26390

View attachment 26391

View attachment 26392

View attachment 26393

DSCF6060.jpg

DSCF6056.jpg

DSCF6059.jpg

DSCF6055.jpg

DSCF6058.jpg

DSCF6057.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Taking shape John, I did the 1/35 interior version Tiger 1 on here earlier on this year and that was a challenge.... but 1/48!

Your courage and determination knows no bounds!! lol

Keep having fun,

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Cheers Ron, yours is a nice Tiger mate i've got to get one in my stash sometime. If i can get this as good as that then i'll be happy. "Courage and determination"? i think it's called stupidity lol, yes it's going to be a challenge but i'm going to enjoy it. Right where's me engine!!

Have fun, John

A

Apokalipse

Looking very nice. The one thing I like about hidden details is the fact that only the builder knows the full secrets of the model.

And also, do you brush your teeth while building these? :smiling5:

C

Caledonia

Hi John, as you probably know by now I am a Jet man, but I love to see your dio's and your limitless imagination. Was amazed to see how many parts there were in your Tank. Look forward to following this one. Cheers Derek

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well fellas with all this nice detail there is just one problem, the top and bottom of the hull won't meet up right. There is a gap at the back if the front is closed and visa versa so it's warped and the only way to get around it is to glue the two together and leave the engine out. You'll still see the detail when the turret is out of the way but not the engine, so i've had a great idea. I'm still building the box art dio but, in one corner i'm having the engine on display like it would be in a museum. With a nice plaque saying "Push Into Berlin, The Power of Russia", what do you lot think?

This is how far i've got too.

Have fun,John

View attachment 18981View attachment 18985View attachment 18983View attachment 18984View attachment 18982

View attachment 26504

View attachment 26505

View attachment 26506

View attachment 26507

View attachment 26508

DSCF6065.jpg

DSCF6076.jpg

DSCF6064.jpg

DSCF6063.jpg

DSCF6062.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good solution John.

Shame about the fit of that upper hull - that's a shocker! Still, the interior weathering looks real nice. Keep up the quality work, looking forward to the dio.

Paul

F

Fenlander

agree it is one solution but a kit like this should go together. Have you any idea exactly what is touching the engine to stop it fitting? I would be tempted to make it fit rather than lose out. Having said that of course, if you do get it to fit, it will probably never be seen again. Tough one.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It's the hull bottom, i didn't notice it was warp a little when i was putting the interior in. You're right Graham it is a tough one mate and i've been thinking about it all day, the engine is a beauty and would be a shame to hind it. I'll start on the turret tomorrow and have another think about it, i'm in no rush as the figures haven't turned up yet.

Have fun, John

J

JFJ

Thats some wonderful progress you've got on the interior John. Nice solution too.

Adrian

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Adrian, sorry i've not got much done over the last few days, it's been a little busy. My daughter is off to university in Lincoln and i just havn't had time to do any work on it. But one thing have come out of all this, the car i have now has the nickname "Tetris". It's a Ford Focus Estate you see and with all the stuff she's taking with her my daughter said it'll be like playing Tetris. It's just a good job the Capri is of the road for winter because that would be called "Collapsed".

Have fun, John

T

treyzx10r

that interior is outstanding ,really like the 'wear' you've worked in.

F

Fenlander

I am about to start the other T34 with interior John, your build has inspired me and I could not believe how much you get in the box. I know that not all the hobbyBoss come with interiors, or even if any of the others do, but the mouldings look superb. I am going to set up my 'Under Construction' thread now. I am planning something a little different for this build, but not saying much as i don't know if I can pull it off yet.