RAF B.E.2e project

F

fewrtw

Hi

For a long time now I have been looking at building a B.E.2e, both at 1/6 and 1/4 scale.

I have opted for 1/6 as this will be 80 “wing span as 1/4 would 122” span. I have been collecting for some time all the scale drawings I could find, including actual construction drawings.

See attached 2 of the construction drawings. I know one is of a B.E.2c but the Fuselage is basically the same.

I would like to try and follow as much as reasonably possible these drawings, as I would like as much interior as possible.

I have detailed drawings of most of the Fuselage fittings, but think this will be going a bit too far but the fittings for the Undercarriage and wing joints can be used to add strength.

Also Undecided on power for this, IC or electric. I have a RCV91 doing nothing that should be ok for this size.

Would you consider this to be too much effort for a model of this size?

View attachment 91887

View attachment 91888

RAF_BE2C_Engine.jpg

RAF_Rudder.jpg

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This really isn't my area, but if you are going for a high level of detail on something this size, your obviously looking at a very long term project. I suppose you need a clear view of how long it will take and then ask yourself, if you can keep up the momentum to complete such a detailed project.

Good luck,

Colin M...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A great subject and project, as to engine advise? I think that we have some better qualified RC flyers on here that will give a much better opinion than I ever could.

Ian M