RAF Tornado 1/72 - First attempt in 30+ years - disaster looming

S

sausagefingers

I should have said 'secret stash' as the mrs hasn't got a clue, although I have to get up extra early to stop the postman from knocking on the door with another delivery :oops:

First Name
Mike
\ said:
I have to get up extra early to stop the postman from knocking on the door with another delivery :oops:
I thought you said you were a beginner at this? ;)

S

sausagefingers

It was all going so well, I suppose putting 'disaster looming' really was tempting fate :confused:

Spent an age masking up for the camo .....

Then dried it off with a heat gun

Big sweaty elephant balls !!!!

What sort of ham fisted buffon puts a red hot heat gun that close to paper thin plastic ??!!

Oh well I did say that this was going to be bin fodder :sad:

Cheers,Mick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Oooops! That hasn't gone well at all.

It was actually looking impressive for a first go, you definitely had the better of the kit :smiling3:

Maybe now is the time to break into that stash, and this time no heat guns!!!!!!!!

Never mind the disaster, the most important thing is that you had fun with it........right up to the point when you melted it. Hopefully you will have another go.

Cheers

Steve

M

MPal

Certainly a mistake you will never make again, and an opportunity to start on something else, though I do feel your pain.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm really sorry to see this it was going so well your paint job was great and the kit was well made

If I need. To dry paint quickly I use a hairdryer from about a foot away but don't like doing it and do tryto avoid. It

Really sorry for you mate

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Oh bugger! Don't throw it out, keep it for spares or as a diorama subject. Even Tornados have had wheels-up landings ;) I never throw any model out, bits and pieces can come in very handy later on.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Strange, I've not heard anything on the news about a Tourette's outbreak in Lancashire! It would have done if that had happened to me.

Never mind Mick. It ain't the first time summat's gone wrong for a modeller and it won't be the last. Like most things, modelling has a learning curve which is very steep right at the start, but it does start to level out eventually. (I'm still on the steep bit but I've always been a slow learner).

As Steve said, you enjoyed what you did. The next one will be better.

Gern

S

sausagefingers

Oh there were a few choice words being shouted,think I may have invented a few.

Didn't help my mood when the mrs burst out laughing when I showed her my fiery tornado.

Onwards and upwards to the next victim,can't stop now - I spent a bloody fortune in the ladies' section in Asda on nail files and emery boards :smiling3:

A

AlasdairGF

Oh no! Gosh glad I can learn from your mistakes here and never try that myself... that must really suck!!!