Range target Comet tank.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Very nice Guy,the finish on the armour plate looks excellent.
What have you used to make all the grass and greenery-that also looks very effective.
Jon.

A

Armorguy

Very nice Guy,the finish on the armour plate looks excellent.
What have you used to make all the grass and greenery-that also looks very effective.
Jon.

Jon, I've used grasses (different lengths) and blended turf. For the bushes I've used seafoam which was airbrushed, covered with sprayglue (Bison) and finished with turf. I then airbrushed on different shades of greens. The grasses were airbrushed too as I don't like their unnatural looking colours.

28.JPG29.JPG30.JPG

Hope this helps Jon.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
That's very helpful Guy,thanks.
Something I've recently come across is a plastic display thing for hanging dangly things off.It's in the shape of a tree and Hobby Craft have them for £18.Individual twiglets can be cut off,textured with putty and look very well for bare trees,particularly apple trees.They have a good 3D appearance.
Jon.

F

Fenlander

Love the finish on this Guy. This is so realistic. Again, not overdone, just perfect.:thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Guy....
Excellent rusty range wreck. Love that finish, very realistic....and the groundwork also very good.

John, That porkpie looks delicious...I’d punch a nun for a nibble:tongue-out3:

A

Armorguy

MAny thanks guys ! And thanks for the porc pie pic Jon, last year I returned to England a second time to eat delicious pie !

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I am impressed by the rust surface, both colour and surface volume, as well as the vegetation. Something I am really struggling with on my indoor layout.

Regards!

E

Evan James

Yeh It's amazing Guy, the rusted surfaces are great! pigments added a lot of depth, everything looks very natural and peaceful.. lol well done mate.
ev