• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm going to go ETPS Raspberry Ripple in this scheme using the Airfix or Revell 1/72 Hawk T1.

View attachment 104956

I'm going to use Xtradecal X72166 sheet. Also have two other Hawks which I will build, the first in a wrap-around green/grey camouflage OCU scheme, and the other in a 1980s style FTS white, grey and red scheme. The Raspberry Ripple ETPS Hawk will definitely be the most colourful of them all.

View attachment 104957

Bae_Hawk_ETPS_XX342_001.jpg

X72166_3.jpg

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
I'm going to go ETPS Raspberry Ripple in this scheme using the Airfix or Revell 1/72 Hawk T1.
View attachment 115235

I'm going to use Xtradecal X72166 sheet. Also have two other Hawks which I will build, the first in a wrap-around green/grey camouflage OCU scheme, and the other in a 1980s style FTS white, grey and red scheme. The Raspberry Ripple ETPS Hawk will definitely be the most colourful of them all.

View attachment 115236
Nice choice Joe. I have the Hawk in 1/72 & 1/48 so I'm thinking of doing this in1/48, can we have two builds of the same jet??? I also have a Tornado, Sea King and Jaguar GR to consider. I saw a cracking Mig21 in ETPS/A&AEE on Britmodeller.....mmm!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
can we have two builds of the same jet??
Don't think it really matters. They had two, a number 1 and a number 2. I'll do 2 you do 1. :smiling3:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
View attachment 115235

View attachment 115236
I always liked the wraparound camouflage but slightly preferred the light grey. Which OCU version will you do? I'd plump for 151 Sqn just because of the Saltire markings.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Which OCU version will you do? I'd plump for 151 Sqn just because of the Saltire markings.
I was looking at 63SQN, with the black/yellow chequer markings. Only because I remembered it from watching Fighter Pilot all those years ago. I don't really like the grey schemes. Plenty of options on that decal sheet.

The Revell kit comes with the underbelly cannon pod, whereas the Airfix Hawks I have are Red Arrows machines, so I'll use the belly pod on the OCU machine.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
So are we go for this on 1st July? Either way I'm going to build an ETPS Hawk but it would be nice to do it as part of a GB. Polux said we need "five takers and you can start this little SIG"

So far we appear to have three confirmed:

Rick - BAe Hawk 1/48 (or Dakota)

Joe - BAe Hawk 1/72

Ian (papa695) - Canberra

And three maybes awaiting confirmation:

Robert1968 - Douglas Dakota

Ian M - Sexy Jag if he can unpack in time

Polux - making up the numbers if required, subject not known

Two more confirmations and Rick's GB can go ahead.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You beat me to a reminder on this Joe. We only have three confirmed participants so far but I'm still keen to do this.

Any more who want to join in please do. As a reminder, this is for any aircraft flown by the UK MOD, ETPS or DERA in the red, white and blue scheme known as raspberry ripple. We could stretch it to any aircraft operated by one of these organisations so there is scope for more modern schemes if this one is a bit daunting.

We could also allow "what ifs?", I've seen a Mig 21 done in these colours but not a Lightning, for example.

Roll up!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Did you get that Alley Cat set specifically for this build or was it a long thought about project?

I approve!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
All my kit is still packed away I'm afraid. So I don't think I'll be able to join this one.

How long have you given as a build time.?

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
All my kit is still packed away I'm afraid. So I don't think I'll be able to join this one.
How long have you given as a build time.?
End of the year.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Did you get that Alley Cat set specifically for this build or was it a long thought about project?
I approve!
I got it for this build Rick, I've had the Canberra for a while was just going to build it out of box until you brought this SIG up

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well if we got the rest of the year, I might just be able to squeeze it in...still not promising anything.

Ian M