Rbaker's 1/72 Revell Tornado GR1 RAF

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I built this years ago. The 'internet experts' seemed to agree that this is possibly the best 1:72 Tornado kit around.

Rbaker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
So far I have been spending time clearing flash from the parts

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I built this years ago. The 'internet experts' seemed to agree that this is possibly the best 1:72 Tornado kit around.

I've looked at this his kit many times to but never quite got round to getting one. In your opinion is it the best in this scale Colin?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I've looked at this his kit many times to but never quite got round to getting one. In your opinion is it the best in this scale Colin?
Well I don't know about the best, as I've nothing to compare it to, but it does turn out nice with great surface detail.
4 edit.jpg

There's a slight issue with the underside of the air intakes, but nothing serious.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The 'internet experts' seemed to agree that this is possibly the best 1:72 Tornado kit around.

I recently acquired the 1/72 Luftwaffe 'black Panther' ECR kit of this mould. It's supposed to be the most accurate in 72 scale. It will be interesting to compare it to the Italeri and Hasegawa kits I'm building for this GB.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This looks a great kit Richard, on the strength of Colin's Granby Tonka, and I'm looking forward to your progress.
Cheers
P

Rbaker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Colin I would agree the surface detail on the kit is great, have made some decent progress fuselage all together just need to do the U/C and stores.
Just need to convince the carpet monster to give up the small bits that sit behind the cockpit and not take anymore