Recommended book. Tank - The Definitive Visual History of Armored Vehicles

J

Jens Andrée

Got this book today and it's something I'd like to recommend.

Tank - The Definitive Visual History of Armored Vehicles (2017) DK Smithsonian
https://www.dk.com/ca/9781465457592-tank/

Tank-SD.jpg

A very comprehensive book about tanks, tank destroyers, APC, CVR(T) etc from WWI to current day, including experimental and special vehicles. Great illustrations and a must read for AFV aficionados.
The focus is on covering many vehicles rather than being overly detailed.

A well made production of 258 pages and it includes in depth specials throughout the book of the most famous vehicles with great interior photos as well as the exterior.
Main focus on British, German, French, American and Russian vehicles but also plenty from Sweden, Israel, China, Japan, South Africa etc.

I've got a few books on tanks but none covering this wide selection and it was a good read!

Description from DK
"A visual guide to the history of tanks, Tank tells the full history of tanks through stunning photography and informative text.

From the early Mark Is of World War I to the T-34 of World War II to the cutting-edge M1 Abrams of today, Tank showcases the most famous (or infamous) armored fighting vehicles in history. Packed full of tanks, armored vehicles, personnel carriers, and anti-tank weaponry, Tank combines comprehensive photographic spreads with in-depth histories of key manufacturers and specially commissioned visual tours of the most iconic examples of their kind. The featured vehicles are placed in their wider context, along with with tactical and technological improvements, and the impact of the tank on the evolution of battlefield and military strategy.

Tank charts the evolution of the tank over the past century, covering over 450 tanks and military vehicles from all over the world. Look through the history of tanks and explore the form and function of a weapon that changed history. Learn the different vehicles' weight, size, country of origin, and time of use through in-depth profiles.

An essential visual history, Tank provides a complete and exciting overview to the iconic vehicles that changed history."

Cheers,
Jens