Red Baron Countdown Special No.2

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS#2

The centre section strut arrangement is not satisfactory both from a structural point of view,there is not even any provision to attach the struts to the fuselage brackets these just dangle in mid air and rest via some pips against the fuselage brackets ( file these off as they are totally useless anyway ) even the pips do not line up or fit properly into the attachments on the fuselage,so a redesign is needed to make the struts actually bolt to the brackets as a proper aeroplane has,for this I have used tiny 10 ba bolts purchased at a model shop,they are fiddly but do the job,however the angle of both the struts and the fuselage brackets is incorrect and the struts when bolted sit at a peculier angle with a gap when the bolts are just nipped up ( at this stage anyway just leave the bolts loose ) to get around this problem I have devised a simple instant fix scheme,it is a pure and simple quick fix but apart from moving and re-positioning the brackets there is no other option,the drawing shows my plan,where the angles do not meet I have made tiny slithers of wedge shaped wood with an elongated slot in them,these simply slide between the strut and the bracket,belt and braces but it works,for those who feel that fashioning these tiny pieces is beyond them then there is another simple solution,simply place tiny o-rings between the two mating surfaces and clamp up,the o-ring squashes inside and fills the void,any excess rubber is trimmed with a craft knife.

d1c8dca0.jpg