Joe
Great result Andrea. The engine bonus is a nice addition

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely job andrea , its a fantastic looking aircraft the 2005 , and by all accounts a superb fighter too . Cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Congratulations Andrea, the Committee have met and awarded you the prestigious award of
2020DB.jpg.
John .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent job Andy. Nice looking bird too.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Great result Andrea. The engine bonus is a nice addition
Well done Andrea. That's a really fine model.
Great stuff Andrea. A grand looking result.
Lovely job andrea , its a fantastic looking aircraft the 2005 , and by all accounts a superb fighter too . Cheers tony
Excellent job Andy. Nice looking bird too.
Congratulations Andrea, the Committee have met and awarded you the prestigious award of
View attachment 487977.
John .
Thank you for your appreciation mates. I did it just to feed and quell my mojo and I'm rather satisfied of its outcome.
The DB 605 was an itch as it was for sale (-40%) and I never built a resin kit before, just a couple of figures; I thought it was the right size for a first step.
The Re 2005 was a really fine fighter but only some tenth were built and too late to influence the air war over Italy.
John, thank you for the award and please present my compliments to the Committee and to Matron. :smiling3:

Andrea

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
And very shiny too!
Which is nice

How did you get on with the U/C 'cos one of mine broke and I had to shorten the locating bar?

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Very nice indeed.
Thank you, Ian.
And very shiny too!
Which is nice

How did you get on with the U/C 'cos one of mine broke and I had to shorten the locating bar?
Thank you Chris. The shine is due, as the Reggiane green was rather gloss and some pictures show it clearly.
About the undercarriage: it was the only real issue as, once the two halves of the wings are glued, there is not enough space to slid the locating bars in the holes as per destructions. I had to cut some 1,5 mm from the horizontal bars to let them slid into place. To be certain about the joint strength I glued them with CA and let it cure for one day. The problem could be solved by gluing the undercarriage main struts before closing the wings, but this solution means that you will have to handle the model during the subsequent building and painting phases with the extended undercarriage, which is the recipe for several U/C emergency surgery intervention and the ensuing blue air to vent out of the room :upside:. Probably there's a third, more correct, way, the one in the kit designer's mind, but I wasn't able to figure it out.
Very nice Andrea, one to be proud of for certain.
Very kind of you, Chris. Proud may be is too much :smiling4: , satisfied yes.
Cracking result.
Now I'm blushing... :flushed:
Smashing work Andrea :thumb2:

Geoff.
Definitely blushing :flushed::smiling4:

Andrea