Resin busts

R

Resinman

Anybody here into making and painting resin busts? =)

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Simon

I am facinated by recipients of the VC and I started off by modifying commercial busts to make them look like (or at least similar to) VC recipients, like these two:

The first is a convertion of a Hawk Miniature bust to represent A Gill VC;

photo of Albert Gill and the Hawk bust:
37323295-80E7-4186-921A-CFAE91342C03.jpeg

Photo of my conversion:

F627C1B3-6009-48FF-B619-A6C7CF003944.jpeg

I think I should have made the face a little thinner

this one is a conversion of a Mitche's Miniature bust
35F463B0-2FDA-432C-92F3-74035FD857AC.jpeg

... into Major Cain VC ...

36D197D6-49C9-4E92-84DC-47ACB2686F29.jpeg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
paint as well,:smiling:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Just so there is no misunderstanding of my post - I did not paint the two original versions of the two busts, I wish I had that level of skill.

R

Resinman

Just so there is no misunderstanding of my post - I did not paint the two original versions of the two busts, I wish I had that level of skill.

You're not the only one who would like to have that level of skill... I certainly do too!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
We produce mainly modern 1.10th resin busts from Falklands era.We are starting to delve into 1.12th scale with a few diverse items such as comedy series.Check out Mookies miniatures on Facebook.
Richard

R

Resinman

We produce mainly modern 1.10th resin busts from Falklands era.We are starting to delve into 1.12th scale with a few diverse items such as comedy series.Check out Mookies miniatures on Facebook.
Richard

I certainly shall check Mookies out! Thank you!

F

Fenlander

I paint them but would have no idea about sculpting or significant modifications/alterations etc.

R

Resinman

I paint them but would have no idea about sculpting or significant modifications/alterations etc.

I think I worded my original post wrongly - when I said make I should have said assemble. - my sculpting skills don't extend much beyond filling gaps and sometimes adding minor stuff....

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I think I worded my original post wrongly - when I said make I should have said assemble. - my sculpting skills don't extend much beyond filling gaps and sometimes adding minor stuff....
Give the putty pushing a go as it gets addictive.Start with minor conversions and get used to a putty and what suits you.I not a proffesional sculptor yet.More like a novice with much dissatisfaction at this time.
Richard