Revel 1:32 Heinkel He 111 P-1

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Finished. Not the biggest model I've ever made, that was the 1:72 B-36. But the He 111 certainly had a lot more parts than that. Then I made things more complex by adding PE and some clever harnesses.
So, the result of a couple of moths work, actually quite a fast build for me.
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9a.JPG

And then, waiting for darkness, the lights were fired up. The camera has made the actual lamps seem very bright, in reality, they only glow and produce quite a nice effect.

9b.JPG

9c.JPG

Do I recommend he model, definitely. Straight OOB and it will make a really nice model. Throw a bit of PE etc at it and make it stand out a bit more. But if you do build one. Get a mask set for the glazing, it will make your life so much easier.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
An outstanding build Colin, fantastic paintwork and incredible cockpit detail. Well worth the wait. Looking forward to the next build.

P

Polux

Wow! That's a beauty!!
Excellent clean work....I love the look on the panel lines and the subtle shades. ;)

K

Kressy_13

Very nice mate. The lights help bring all that detail you added to life. The paint looks spot on as well. Superb.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks for having a look gentlemen.

Looking forward to the next build
Haven't quite decided what next, but it will be 1:72. Something that might fit into my spray booth !
panel lines and the subtle shades
Thanks Polux. I was really trying not to overdo the weathering on this one. I think I did manage to restrain myself. Whilst clean aircraft aren't really my thing (I do like a dirty bird) I do like the look of this clean one.
Love the lights
Thanks. It was just a bit of a laugh really. 'Lets have a go' type thing.
The paint looks spot on as well
Thanks Kresten. All the paints were AK interactive. Good paints, in my view better than Vallejo, which I normally use.

J

John Rixon

Stunning. One of, if not the best model aircraft I've seen on this forum. :smiling3:

A

Awins

Outstanding work Colin. Im inspired to add one of these to my stash for a future build. Well done

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Now that is what I call one superb aircraft. An absolute beaut. and no mistake.....Best yet!

...especially as it was built by a couple of moths!.....:p

D

Doug Hughes

Great stuff, Colin. All the work you put into adding depth to the paintwork has really paid off. I love the lights too!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build,Colin,very nice and clean,real like the camo and detailing,
the LED,s adds that little bit more,well done,real like this one,;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Stunning. One of, if not the best model aircraft I've seen on this forum. :smiling3:
Thanks very much John. Sometimes, a build just works.
Im inspired to add one of these to my stash
Do it Alan, just be aware of some silly prices around. It makes a flippin' big model when completed, so I don't think there's a great demand for it. That should keep prices reasonable.
An absolute beaut
Cheers Ron. I think the scale helps, but I'm in no mood for another 1:32 monster.
the decals don't look ba
A steady hand and a very fine brush worked well. Got away with that one - just.
All the work you put into adding depth to the paintwork has really paid off
Cheers Doug. For the first time I didn't bother with any pre-shading, and I think It worked.
LED,s adds that little bit more
The lights, I only fitted them because of the 'Greenhouse type canopy' on the front. So much to see in there.

Again, thank you all for taking time to have a look and your very kind comments.

First Name
Dave
Great work as usual from you Colin. It's that big it doesn't make your garden plants look out of place in the background!.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Outstanding work Colin! The paintwork, details, the lighting! - all brilliantly done.
I hope my 2 turn out as well. :smiling3:

Cheers
P

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful model, very nicely built and finished, surely pride of place on the number one display position!

I hope you do come around to building another 1/32 monster, you can certainly do them more than justice.

Cheers

Steve