Revel 1:32 Heinkel He 111 P-1

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well where do i start Colin ? Build , colour , shading ,weathering, cockpit ,lights ? Its all superbly done , its a truly outstanding build that you must be well chuffed with . The canopy masking is so crisp ,it makes the cost of the masks immaterial , i would pay whatever it takes to get a canopy as clean as that . top work matey , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superbly done Colin. The lit cockpit is fantastic, love the pictures. As Tony says, it's all there, from the paint to the lights.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks again for all your positive comments.

It's that big it doesn't make your garden plants look out of place in the background
Indeed, for once, it's all nearly in scale !

2 turn out as well
TWO, you have two of these to build. You might need to pop down to B & Q and see if they can mix some paint for you. Two, good heavens.

surely pride of place on the number one display position
Thanks Steve. It will certainly get a prominent position. Mind you, being this big, it's prominent where ever it sits.

i would pay whatever it takes to get a canopy as clean as that
The Eduard masks are very sticky, much more than Tamiya tape. That must be the answer I suppose.

The lit cockpit is fantastic
For ground use only Joe. Imagine flying over the English coast in 1940, lit up like that !

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
TWO, you have two of these to build. You might need to pop down to B & Q and see if they can mix some paint for you. Two, good heavens.
Yes, 2 He 111s and a Ju 88. And if Revell ever get round to kitting the 1/32 Do 17z I'll get that too (please, please, please!!!)

But seriously if I can get my Loftflotte looking as good as this specimen I'll take a hit on the paint!

Cheers
P

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well I said this monster was big. My shelves measure 40.5cm from the wall to the outer edge.
IMG_0704.JPG

And this model doesn't fit. I suppose a 71cm wing span was pushing my luck. Blue tack to the rescue - I hope !
IMG_0705.JPG

B

BigZimmo

Hi Colin!!!
Wow....what a monster......it's an excellent build.....absolutely well done, mate!!
I also have a monster in stock. HK's B-17G in 1/32;)

:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hi Colin!!!
Wow....what a monster......it's an excellent build.....absolutely well done, mate!!
I also have a monster in stock. HK's B-17G in 1/32;)

:smiling3:
Well I'm glad it is you and not me building that. Having said that, I look forward to seeing the result.

D

dubster72

That's the best Spade I've seen in a long, long time Colin. The paintwork is exceptional & the weathering looks so natural.

The effort you put into the cockpit etc was well rewarded by the crystal clear glazing.

The lights are excellent too!

T

T. van Vuuren

Outstanding build, I really like the paint ans the weathering :smiling:

Theuns

First Name
Mike
Superb build, I really like your subtle paintwork/weathering. Super sharp canopy framing, too
thumbs.png

First Name
Alex
Wow, as someone who has only recently got back into model making this sets the benchmark for the kind of finish and detail I want to achieve one day, i would say you have a museum quality piece there

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Super sharp canopy framing
Cheers Mike, but we have Mr Eduard to thanks for that.
Wow, as someone who has only recently got back into model making this sets the benchmark for the kind of finish and detail I want to achieve one day, i would say you have a museum quality piece there
Well you have come to the right place. Lots of people all willing to help anyone with any questions.