Revell 1/1200 Bismark build.....

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
P1170280.JPG

I intended to take this kit on my jollies. I bet you're thinking how sad is that, but when you consider that according to tradition, millions of Scottish Midgies hatch and take to the skies or skin around about now, I needed something to do when trapped in our motorhome - hence this small kit.......However, I couldn't resist starting it.
So I've spent the last few days in the sunshine, starting to build my Bismark.

Here she is next to my 1/350 Bismark. Sorry about the big one's awful deck colour - time for a refit me thinks!

P1170279.JPG
One piece moulded main deck fitted
P1170281.JPG
first coat deck colour.
P1170282.JPG
Superstructure, funnel, catapult and boats added.
P1170286.JPG

P1170287.JPG
Apart from the jack staffs, rigging, swastikas and general fettling, she's ready for the sea.
P1170292.JPG

P1170290.JPG

Some nice detail. The cranes are a bit naff, but overall a nice kit and surprisingly quick to put together.
P1170291.JPG

Sorry for the indecent haste, but needs must......

Cheers,
Ron

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That's looking great Ron, but by the time your jolly's are here you'll need another kit at this rate.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Joe and Ian. Thanks for your posts boys!

Apart from some inevitable 'touching up', here's the final painting stage. A very crafty hull pattern to make the ship appear shorter. Confusing as to which way she's going and finally double thickness boot topping at the armoured belt to make the ship appear lower and therefore smaller. Clever stuff, eh?

P1170302.JPG

Cheers,
Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Wot! No pics?

Edit: My apologies Ron - pic finally arrived. Using the computer at college which doesn't work as well as mine at home!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Using the computer at college which doesn't work as well as mine at home!

David, shouldn't you be lubricating the dear sweet cherub's Abacus bead rods, instead of spending your time on the Forum?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
David, shouldn't you be lubricating the dear sweet cherub's Abacus bead rods, instead of spending your time on the Forum?

"... dear sweet cherubs..." eh? You've obviously not met any teenage students recently. As for their abacus bead rods, I'd like to use them as canes. This is a family forum so I can't say what I'd like to do with the beads. I will say however, that my students would be extremely glad the beads are smooth and round!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well, seeing as John's torpedoed my Bismark, and I can also relax in the knowledge that our teenage student's maths education is in Dave's capable hands, I might as well clear off on me 'ols.

Hopefully back with my mates on here soon......

Take care,
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Back at this....

I've added the two swastikas on the red bands and completed the hull B.W. stripes.

Before I went on my 'hols' I did some rigging and whilst I was away, the stuff bent the main mast. I had to remove all of it and re- fix the mast. so I'll re do the rigging later.
Here is the ship ready for the said rigging and a final touch up of the paint work.

P1170574.JPG

I can now turn my attention to thinking about a base for her....then re - rig the thing!

Cheers,
Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just come across this one,Ron,great work as a;ways ,do like how your,
done the camo,on her,looks great,you and ships work so well,:D