Revell 1/16 karmann ghia

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I'm calling this done I've tried sorting the doors, one shuts okish the other I saved the hinge too much and got glue on it so now it's permanently open, I've decided only to look at the good bits I consider I've done on a kit, rather than look at the bad so I'm really happy with the paint job on this, it's super shiney and level ( painting is always my worst bit) so overall I'm happy with this build.

2zy8k92.jpg

2hf3seq.jpg

2rqg2hi.jpg

r76eq0.jpg

110m8i8.jpg

A

Ace

Looks great Ken. The paint is perfect.  I got to try a larger scale sometime.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks good to me. That Paint is rather shiny and smooth! 

One thing I wondered is if you have had so many problems with getting the doors, bonet and boot to close well, why didn't you pose them all open. 

Great job on an iconic car (which I came £50 short from buying one of many years ago).

D

Deleted member 3568

I bet that would have been an investment that paid off big time, I bought cars in my youth and sold them on practically every week, when I think back they would have been worth a fortune now.

N

noble

Do you know what... respect to all you guys who build cars out there I tried my hand at two and the paint work was horrible, Ken mate this is a cracker and that paint work is just amazing, I think some sort of tutorial on how to prep and paint car bodies is in order nice one mate.

B

Builder

Really good looking car Ken mate. That paint job is goood mate. The gloss shine is just right.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
yeh tutorial ken show us how it's done ho paint master :D:D:D:D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Ken,like the red paint work,a nice clean build,very well done,:D

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the replys and kind comments, as for a tutorial on painting there are far more talented people on here to do that.